Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: joshH timing calc for 5.9 cummins

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    sbt@leftcoastdiesel.com..once you get it the way you want it.

Please.

Thanks
    Lets see if I can attach it here...

Cummins Timing Calculator v2 Modded.zip Let me know if it works correctly for you guys. I should also add that it is set up for timing tables that have the 20 degree bias added in, so if you are using the beta software without the bias, you should just add 20 to your values. It will spit out your total timing for pilot and main actual. (meaning the table it spits out will have the 20 degree bias subtracted already, and your values should be true to what is actually happening) Like I said, just let me know if it is working correctly, and if it isnt I may be able to fix it.

Les, its also in your inbox unzipped.
    06 Dodge RCLB 2500 5.9L Hamilton, Maxxspool, Wicked Diesels, Bullseye Power, Industrial Injection, South Bend Clutch, Amsoil, K&N, ARP,EFILive, T&C Diesel, ATS, GDP...

Quote Originally Posted by CIDRAUGHN View Post
    Lets see if I can attach it here...

Cummins Timing Calculator v2 Modded.zip Let me know if it works correctly for you guys. I should also add that it is set up for timing tables that have the 20 degree bias added in, so if you are using the beta software without the bias, you should just add 20 to your values. It will spit out your total timing for pilot and main actual. (meaning the table it spits out will have the 20 degree bias subtracted already, and your values should be true to what is actually happening) Like I said, just let me know if it is working correctly, and if it isnt I may be able to fix it.

Les, its also in your inbox unzipped.
    Got it...works as described.

Thank tou
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

I got it I see how it works cool. Thnks

Great. Its good to know I can at least contribute something to all this. Sometimes trying to follow the guys on here is a challenge. Its a constant learning process for me.
    06 Dodge RCLB 2500 5.9L Hamilton, Maxxspool, Wicked Diesels, Bullseye Power, Industrial Injection, South Bend Clutch, Amsoil, K&N, ARP,EFILive, T&C Diesel, ATS, GDP...

I'm not sure of my total possible timing yet. I know of course on the big end a single event is preferred. And with that, I leave my limiters at 45* BTDC, which means a true 25* max. But I've not had time to tune for max power and I feel that I'm not yet ready to tune for max power. I still feel like I have a lot to learn regarding what's safe and what isn't. But for myself and a few guys on here that I talk to, we use a true 25* (45* with bias added in) as a safety point. The guys making big power I'm sure use more. I'm just not at a point to need to push that limit. YET. I'm very big on playing it safe.
    EFI Live, Maxxed Out auto trans, Edge TC, FASS, 35's, 4" lift, E.D. 62/68/12, 70 hp tips.

I have yet to find a truck weather its a 600hp daily driver our our 900hp puller that anything over 28* is beneficial. So I'd recommend dyno tuning to push it past 25*....

Its beginning to look like (from my experience only) that 25-28* is the saturation point of the bowl design of the 600 series motors.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Yeah Im staying between 25 and 26 degrees for main timing, Im just curious as to where you guys start modifying your pilot tables when you see a total timing number exceed X degrees. Say for instance looking at a box tuner you see total timing values in excess of 80-90 degrees. I just feel like 80 degrees is excessive. I know most are killing pilot in high rpm range, but I have found at least for now that utilizing pilot has helped me keep smoke control in check with my injectors. I started backwards from most by trying to tune in a good pilot, and try to understand the whole three injection event cycle before I start removing and simplifying it. Im even still using a small post event to spool the charger in low rpm and load situations; and I have killed it completely in the high rpm situations of course. Its been beneficial so far, but tricky to say the least.
    Ive made pie charts showing the degrees and micoseconds at 2200 rpm and 3500 rpm, and in the higher rpm, the events get really crammed together. The pie charts may seem trivial, but it has helped me visualize the percents before and after tdc for main, and how increasing pulse width alters the other events.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    The timing calculator allows you to adjust the timing for the power cells. I know for teh DMAX he leaves the cells blank for the idle areas as you normally leave these close to stock or stock.
    Just a thought... should we find a nice low value to put in there to save fuel at idle? I'd like to save fuel wherever I can. Seems like we could lock something into those cells so that we have a complete table to copy from. Maybe not. Just thinking out loud.
    EFI Live, Maxxed Out auto trans, Edge TC, FASS, 35's, 4" lift, E.D. 62/68/12, 70 hp tips.

I am having troubles pasting into the excel file. I am using open office. I try to copy as directed in the top of the file and it just changes the vertical axis in the first column and fills it with a bunch of mixed up numbers. If i try to select the whole table to overlay it, it pops up with a "cannot paste to protected cells" error message. I am sure its something simple i am doing wrong, but any help would be appreciated.
    07.5 2500 Dodge Twin Turbos, Dual Pumps, Deleted, 100% over nozzles, Fletcher Bump Stick, and more goodies, Awaiting EFI Live Tuning

05 2500 Chevy Duramax, EFI Live Tuned

01 2500 Chevy Duramax, ZF6, EFI Live Tuned

Pretty sure that OpenOffice won't cut it. I had to dl MS Office.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast