Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: joshH timing calc for 5.9 cummins

FYI, Josh has been working with Paul to put this calculator directly in the V7 software, should be very interesting.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

That is pretty sweet I must say...could save a few motors
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Lifetime Member

Yeah, Paul sent me some screen shots of the calculator in EFILive. It will be a lot easier than copy and pasting everything.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamRRT View Post
    Some of the guys have preferred to have the green/yellow/red gradients applied to their spreadsheet. So I made these instructions for them. You'll of course have to unprotect the sheet first.

AdamRRT's guide to add a color gradient to JoshH's "Cummins Timing Calculator" spreadsheet:
    (Granted there may be other ways to do this. This is the easiest explained way that I know. Feel free to do things your own way if needed. Just don't delete any formulas!)

We will have to do 1 table at at time in order to apply that gradient only to that table. Otherwise the gradient will use the numbers from all selected tables.

Select the table to which you wish to apply the gradient.
    Across the top of Excel, go:
    Home > Conditional Formatting > Color Scales

You will then see 8 potential scales. Choose the one you wish to use. I prefer the top row, 2nd from left. This color scale matches the stock color scale on EFI Live.

I then enrich the colors by keeping the same table selected then going:
    Home > Conditional Formatting > Manage Rules
    Double-click the color bar in this window. You then can select the deeper colors you wish to use instead of Excel's slightly washed out versions. OK. APPLY.

Repeat for each table. Your tables should now match the formatting of EFI Live, so that you can still see any numbers that stand out to you.

Re-protect the sheet, of course.

Attachment 12144
    Adam can you post the color install excel link that would be easy for those that are not that savvy with the excel software? Thank bud

I'll gladly post it tonight when I get to my computer.
    JoshH: thanks for this man. I've been trying but lack the understanding and especially patience. I'm good with Excel, but not nearly as good as you are. I really appreciate it. Guys kept asking why I want a calculator. I can't see having any desire to hand calc every cell in a timing table each time you make a change. And I have no desire to just guess or estimate either.

Guys who don't know why you'd use this: how else are you changing your timing when you change duration? I'd love to learn another easy way to change timing appropriately. Although I'll stick to calculators for now.

Note: it'd be sweet if in addition to desired percentage, we could choose desired degrees BTDC (or ATDC also) we would like the midpoint of our injection pulse. Just to play around really. I don't know how helpful it is. Just noticed at low RPM/mm3, we can be many hundred % from centerline, but that's only a degree or two due to the small fuel volume. Would that help some or no?
    EFI Live, Maxxed Out auto trans, Edge TC, FASS, 35's, 4" lift, E.D. 62/68/12, 70 hp tips.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    FYI, Josh has been working with Paul to put this calculator directly in the V7 software, should be very interesting.
    ^^^^ That is AWESOME!!!^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by 06redram View Post
    Adam can you post the color install excel link that would be easy for those that are not that savvy with the excel software? Thank bud
    If Josh is ok with it, since it's his spreadsheet.
    EFI Live, Maxxed Out auto trans, Edge TC, FASS, 35's, 4" lift, E.D. 62/68/12, 70 hp tips.

I understand that, yes it is ! Your excel is the newest version and even if you link it to be upload it only works with newest excel. The older excel version does not let you do color layout. To post for others know

Oh I think it does man. Ill install office 2000 on a computer and check. If I ever get done here at my in-laws.

Sounds great Adam

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast