Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: joshH timing calc for 5.9 cummins

What about the values that are missing? The first 2 colums and 4 rows of a few of the tables are blank. Is there a reason? I fixed it on the sheet I've been using, but I'm not sure if there's a reason. I would like to know before I post this spreadsheet with the color gradients, so I can fix if it needs. Thanks guys.
    EFI Live, Maxxed Out auto trans, Edge TC, FASS, 35's, 4" lift, E.D. 62/68/12, 70 hp tips.

The sheet isn't working for me, none of the formulas change after I enter my own numbers.
    EFI Live - The Smarter way to tune!
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by AdamRRT View Post
    What about the values that are missing? The first 2 colums and 4 rows of a few of the tables are blank. Is there a reason? I fixed it on the sheet I've been using, but I'm not sure if there's a reason. I would like to know before I post this spreadsheet with the color gradients, so I can fix if it needs. Thanks guys.
    The timing calculator allows you to adjust the timing for the power cells. I know for teh DMAX he leaves the cells blank for the idle areas as you normally leave these close to stock or stock.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    The timing calculator allows you to adjust the timing for the power cells. I know for teh DMAX he leaves the cells blank for the idle areas as you normally leave these close to stock or stock.
    Oh. I see. I wondered why I was seeing that. Makes sense.
    EFI Live, Maxxed Out auto trans, Edge TC, FASS, 35's, 4" lift, E.D. 62/68/12, 70 hp tips.

Are you all using this as a baseline for a single injection event? Just wondering if pilot would cause a problem if it was used with these timing numbers. it seems like it is raising low load timing considerably, but leaving my high load timing very similar to what it was.
    06 Dodge RCLB 2500 5.9L Hamilton, Maxxspool, Wicked Diesels, Bullseye Power, Industrial Injection, South Bend Clutch, Amsoil, K&N, ARP,EFILive, T&C Diesel, ATS, GDP...

Quote Originally Posted by CIDRAUGHN View Post
    Are you all using this as a baseline for a single injection event? Just wondering if pilot would cause a problem if it was used with these timing numbers. it seems like it is raising low load timing considerably, but leaving my high load timing very similar to what it was.
    I use it for the parts that I need on my single event. Of course this just calculates timing for the main injection event. You gotta make the necessary modifications if you use another event.

Your timing changes because your stock tune uses low timing in high load areas in order to reduce NOX emissions. It's better to add some timing there. Although it seems to be a fine line between added efficiency and quicker spooling.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamRRT View Post
    I use it for the parts that I need on my single event. Of course this just calculates timing for the main injection event. You gotta make the necessary modifications if you use another event.

Your timing changes because your stock tune uses low timing in high load areas in order to reduce NOX emissions. It's better to add some timing there. Although it seems to be a fine line between added efficiency and quicker spooling.
    Im all for the quicker spooling. A straight gear with a s466 is slow enough as it is.
    If you dont mind me asking, what total timing values would you be comfortable with as a max? Im seeing some in the 47 degree range, and I wasnt sure what a good rule of thumb was. I should be getting on the dyno soon so I can dial it in from there just need a rough number. Ive added a sheet to the timing calculator that will show you your total timing (pilot plus main) if anyone wants it.
    06 Dodge RCLB 2500 5.9L Hamilton, Maxxspool, Wicked Diesels, Bullseye Power, Industrial Injection, South Bend Clutch, Amsoil, K&N, ARP,EFILive, T&C Diesel, ATS, GDP...

Quote Originally Posted by CIDRAUGHN View Post
    Im all for the quicker spooling. A straight gear with a s466 is slow enough as it is.
    If you dont mind me asking, what total timing values would you be comfortable with as a max? Im seeing some in the 47 degree range, and I wasnt sure what a good rule of thumb was. I should be getting on the dyno soon so I can dial it in from there just need a rough number. Ive added a sheet to the timing calculator that will show you your total timing (pilot plus main) if anyone wants it.
    Send it to me please: bigcumminsdiesel@msn.com

Quote Originally Posted by 06redram View Post
    Send it to me please: bigcumminsdiesel@msn.com
    Email sent! Hope it works well. Im still out on what people are using for total timing numbers.

Edit: I should add that it is on sheet 2 at the lower section of the page.

sbt@leftcoastdiesel.com..once you get it the way you want it.

Please.

Thanks
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast