Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ECM flash Questions

Default ECM flash Questions

I finally decided that it is time to let the Smarty go so I removed it today and did a full flash with the Christmas tune and had a problem entering my vin at the end of the flash. I finally got myself straightened out, changed the vin to my vin but now my rear window/mirror defrost light in the button is flashing. So I'm not sure what went wrong so if any of you guys can help me out it would be appreciated.

When I couldnt get the vin to change I did not start the truck but I did turn the key on and off a few times to connect the flash scan so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. The truck does run and seems to be fine other than the light is flashing. As of now the stock tune is loaded in the ecm.
    06 QCLB, DRW
    Single pump
    Single turbo
    EFILive 772hp 1398tq

gordon@innovativediesel.com

Not sure what the 'Christmas tune' is. Did you return the truck to stock with the Smarty then re-read the ECM as your base file? You should always start with the tune from your truck then you will avoid all the VIN issues.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Not sure what the 'Christmas tune' is. Did you return the truck to stock with the Smarty then re-read the ECM as your base file? You should always start with the tune from your truck then you will avoid all the VIN issues.

Lol Ross that is too funny! I could imagine you saying "Christmas tune..wtf?" Lolol...that is the "gift tune" that Rich let out as a freebie/starter tune. Lolol
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Dodge74. Don't worry about it. Press the button several times and it'll go out if it hasn't already.
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

No it's not the gift tune. He posted the 2409 stock file, named something about "christmas tune".

DODGE74: I had the same thing. Also accompanied my ABS and BRAKE lights. I just had to reflash my tune. It usually happens if I do something I know is dumb, like opening the door during the flashing of the ECM. Just reflash a time or two and you'll be ok man. I just did it last week. And maybe a few times before that also. You'd think I'd have learned from GM cars.
    EFI Live, Maxxed Out auto trans, Edge TC, FASS, 35's, 4" lift, E.D. 62/68/12, 70 hp tips.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamRRT View Post
    No it's not the gift tune. He posted the 2409 stock file, named something about "christmas tune".

DODGE74: I had the same thing. Also accompanied my ABS and BRAKE lights. I just had to reflash my tune. It usually happens if I do something I know is dumb, like opening the door during the flashing of the ECM. Just reflash a time or two and you'll be ok man. I just did it last week. And maybe a few times before that also. You'd think I'd have learned from GM cars.
    Ohh alrighty then... I figured he had just mistaken the "gift tune" for Christmas tune.. Oh well, gave me a good laugh anyways... That is like the EFILIVE hacker around here.. he would name the tune "stupid fast" "widow maker" ect ect.. lol just makesfor some good smiles.
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    The Christmas tune is a stock tune with the 2409 os. It was posted on this forum and that is how it was labled and named in my computer. Yes I returned the Smarty to stock before I flashed the Christmas tune in my truck. It was brought up before that if you were running a tuner or multiple tuners on your truck that they could or do leave some trace files the actually do not return to stock, hence why I flashed the Christmas tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmaxink View Post
    Lol Ross that is too funny! I could imagine you saying "Christmas tune..wtf?" Lolol...that is the "gift tune" that Rich let out as a freebie/starter tune. Lolol
    No, its not the "Gift tune" that Rich posted. I know enough to know not to flash a manual tune into a auto truck.
    Actually Kory, I think that you posted that file. And I believe you said "Here you go, Merry Christmas" and that is how its labled.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
    Dodge74. Don't worry about it. Press the button several times and it'll go out if it hasn't already.
    Ok, thanks FUBAR. I will not worry about it to much and maybe on the next couple of flashes it will go back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamRRT View Post

Thank you Adam your spot on.

Ok, that might have happened, my son thats 4 years old did open the passenger side door while I was in the middle of the flash so maybe thats what happened.
    06 QCLB, DRW
    Single pump
    Single turbo
    EFILive 772hp 1398tq

For what it's worth, I open up the doors, roll down or up the windows, etc. etc. with no problems. I've only had that mirror heat light flash twice out of 4 months worth of flashing. It only happened when changing OS's.
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Wow, there goes that theory.

I dont know if you know this or not but my truck has a rear window defroster (like a car) and mirror defrosters all in the same button.

I did flash a tune in it today and it is still flashing, I even tried pushing the button about 200 times and its still doing it.

Rich, (Cumminalong) did mention that he thought that the original tune that I flashed it probably didnt have that function from the factory but I thought that it would be controled by the TIPM. So as of now I'm not sure whats causing it and would greatly appreciate anyones input.
    06 QCLB, DRW
    Single pump
    Single turbo
    EFILive 772hp 1398tq

Ok, here is what I did. I disconnected the window plugs on the defroster this afternoon. Tonight I had to run to the store and when I turned the key on the light flashed twice and then went off. I drove to the store, about 15 minutes away, shut the truck off, connected the plugs back in, turned the key on and all is well. I dont know if it was a freak thing or what but all is well now. Thanks guys for your help.
    Gordon.
    06 QCLB, DRW
    Single pump
    Single turbo
    EFILive 772hp 1398tq

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast