Thread: E40 stand alone??

Question E40 stand alone??

I am doing an 05GTO/4L into a El Camino, and need to make up a small fuse panel. [The first E40 conversion I've done.]
    I am unsure which circuits I need to put fuses in. [The guy that removed the engine/harness cut it off at the oem fuse panel, and didn't take the under dash wiring out. He also cut the harness to the J1 plug off under the dash.]

I've got all the wires in the J1 identified and tagged. I now need to be able to power it up. [Using the Alldatadiy drawings]
    The OEM fuses indicate there are:
    2 - 15A for the LH and RH injs and coils.
    2 - 15A for engine sensors and auto trans.
    2 - 15A for engine control/BCM and fuel pump.
    Not sure this is all I need.
    NE1 "unfortunate" enuf to have done this, that would be willing to shoot me a list of the fuse locations....NE is appreciated!

[Speartech makes a J1 "quickie" plug/play harness... Customer is not liking the idea of the $$.] However, much more time "patching" this together, may put a new harness in a much better light! Right now, I'm suffering from PC withdrawals from searching....
    Last edited by Chuck L.; October 31st, 2011 at 08:09 AM.
    Chuck L.
    CODY Motorsports
    Fuel Injector Service
    Madison, GA.
    706-342-3152
    770-265-5144 [C]

Lifetime Member

Hello Chuck,

That's quite the undertaking ! The 2005 LS2 engine uses a 24x CKP and 1x CMP - which from a controller standpoint - makes it a Gen III. Often these conversions will use an LS1-B PCM - which will control both the engine and transmission. The LS1-B PCM also affords the options of PCM controlled Cruise Control, and a DBC TB if desired.

As you know, using an E40 engine controller means also using a T42 transmission controller.

Just presenting another option ...

Regards,
    Taz

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Hello Chuck,

That's quite the undertaking ! The 2005 LS2 engine uses a 24x CKP and 1x CMP - which from a controller standpoint - makes it a Gen III. Often these conversions will use an LS1-B PCM - which will control both the engine and transmission. The LS1-B PCM also affords the options of PCM controlled Cruise Control, and a DBC TB if desired.

As you know, using an E40 engine controller means also using a T42 transmission controller.

Just presenting another option ...

Regards,
    Taz
    Taz,
    U R so right! I have all the items, as we stripped the GTO when getting the engine.
    Speartech has a J1 harness made up to replace the chopped off part from under the dash. The problem w/ that is, he's telling me there are other changes that have to be made.
    Bottom line: Either buy a new harness or send the original to be modded.
    Had the user let me know what he was buying, B4 he bought the complete drop out, there'd be the LS1B harness and PCM going into the car. [85 El Camino]

Hindsite is always 20/20!

Oh well....Another day in paradise...........Thanks for the response.
    Chuck L.
    CODY Motorsports
    Fuel Injector Service
    Madison, GA.
    706-342-3152
    770-265-5144 [C]