Thread: Scanning Dashboard reset

Default Scanning Dashboard reset

Hello,

Today I was scanning while on the Dyno, we were running an LS3 for Trans Am Road Race and I went to start scanning and my PID's selected to be displayed on the dash board had all been mysteriously replaced and saved over by 2 PIDS alternating and repeating across the entire dashboard. I have around 16 PIDS displayed on the dashboard when running the dyno, and I have to re select them every time I open the Scan Tool, even if I save the dashboard it is erased each time I open the program. I cannot go in and open my saved dashboard as it keeps resetting no matter what, does anyone have any solutions to this problem or has anyone even had this issue?

Hi SE,

When you re-select your pids (assign them to gauges), do you save each gauge, and then also save the whole dashboard...?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

There are three ways a dashboard gets loaded when the software starts:
    1. The dashboard specified in Properties->Startup->Load Defaults.
    2. The dashboard with a name that matches the name of the current *.pid file.
    3. The most recently used dashboard.

Check that you don't have some "strange/messed up" dashboard specified in option 1.
    Check that the *.pid file that is being loaded does not have a "strange/messed up" dashboard with the same name.

When the dashboard is displayed in the V7.5 tuning tool, move the mouse from outside the dashboard to inside the dashboard and the file name of the dashboard and the currently displayed dash page (A, B or C) will be displayed at the bottom of the SCan Tool window. Maybe once you see the file name of the dashboard it might help track down what is being displayed and why.

If you still can't track down the issue, zip up the entire My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\VDash folder and email it to me at paul@efilive.com
    Also export the registry key: \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7.5 and send that to me as well.
    Include a link to this thread so I know what its about.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Default Still having issues

I am having trouble figuring out my registry key how or where would this be located at?

After looking at the screen shot you sent me, there's no need for you to send the registry details just yet.
    But if you ever need to in future, you can do it like this:

Windows 2000/Windows XP:
    Click Start->Run, type regedit and click [Run].

Windows Vista/Windows 7:
    Click Start, type regedit and press enter.

Navigate to the registry key: \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7.5
    Select the V7.5 key.
    Select the menu option: File->Export...
    Choose a filename and click [Save].

Now back to the dashboard issue. The quickest/easiest way to restore your dashboard to the install defaults is to choose the menu option:
    Dashboard -> Recall installation defaults->then choose the dashboard you want to restore.

Regards
    Paul

Default 4 option

I tried to recall and only had 4 options available, any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. It still is resetting every time I redo the dash save it, close the program and when I reopen it it does the same thing repeating 4 pids over and over again on the dashboard.

Just to clarify I want my dash to appear as the screenshot that I sent, but I want or most of my selected pids to appear.

I can replicate the same problem that you are seeing, but selecting the "recall default dashboard" option fixes the problem.

Have you read the dashboard tutorial, it may help explain why you are seeing what you are seeing.
    http://download.efilive.com/Tutorials/PDF/Dashboard Customization Tutorial.pdf

Just to clarify your last post, do you want your dashboard to appear with the same 4 charts repeated in the same dash page?
    Or do you mean you want just one of your charts to look like one of the charts in that screen shot...
    Sort of like this:

Regards
    Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dash_sample.PNG 
Views:	212 
Size:	145.4 KB 
ID:	12308