Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need to transfer Hptuners tune to my EFI Live....am I screwed?

Default Need to transfer Hptuners tune to my EFI Live....am I screwed?

I purchased a V1 EFI live system with one license a couple months ago. When I went to have the car tuned on the dyno I informed the tuner I have EFI live. I spent $450 in dyno tune time but he tuned it on Hptuners using a 2 bar custom operating system. I have now been told that I cannot just hook up my EFI live and it will read the current tune. Is that true? What sucks is I have driven over a 1000 miles in the last two weeks. I have raped it several times and it hasn't missed a beat at WOT or idle. However, it is all over the place surging, etc... when cruising. It has a bad stumble just off idle. It fires right up and idles nice but unless you spin the tires it will bog down. I really don't want to start over on the tune because of how well it idles and the fact I have blown it up stomping on it in all gears.

It is a 69 Chevelle with a 5.3 out of a 2003 suburban, Factory pcm 4011 and wiring harness, Open loop tune using one 02 sensor for my LM1 that runs when the car is on to monitor my AFR's, Th400, twin pt62's, 15lbs of boost and 14 degrees of timing at WOT. E85 and no intercooler. Hardly even need to turn my fans on. Runs right around 155 degrees and gets to 180 in traffic with no fans and no intercooler. What can I do? I have not even registered my one license yet because I was going to have the tuner do it to transfer the HPtuners file. Not sure why he just didn't do the initiall tune with EFI live. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

If it is the HPTuners 2bar custom OS then it cannot be tuned with EFILive I'm afraid.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Is there a way to pull up the tune and individually fill in all the tables on the EFI live tune manually? I am sure it would be time consuming but as good as this thing does WOT I don't want to mess with it and take a chance.

Lifetime Member

HPTuners locks their COSs down, EFILive can't even read the tune as is. The only way to do it would be to have the tuner re-tune the car using EFILive (your cable would work fine) OR have the tuner send you a copy of your .hpt file, use the demo version of HPT (not sure it can display COSs though), then copy all the data into a 2Bar EFILive tune.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    HPTuners locks their COSs down, EFILive can't even read the tune as is. The only way to do it would be to have the tuner re-tune the car using EFILive (your cable would work fine) OR have the tuner send you a copy of your .hpt file, use the demo version of HPT (not sure it can display COSs though), then copy all the data into a 2Bar EFILive tune.
    Okay, that is what we are going to try. My cousin actually has Hptuners still on his laptop so can he read it? He also has EFI live. If he has Hptuners he should be able to read it and transfer to an EFI live file? That is what he is offering to do. I appreciate the help.

Lifetime Member

Yes, he should be able to read it with his HPTuners. Or just have your tuner email you the file, open it on your cousin's PC.

Not as simple as opening and re-saving as an EFILive file Im afraid, you'll have to open the tune in HPTuners and another stock tune + 2Bar COS EFILive tune and copy the tables from HPT -> EFILive. It will take a while, maybe see if you can borrow your cousin's HPT for a weekend. This is when I really like having dual monitors, makes comparing the differences much easier!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

I am "the cousin". Hey Delbert---I don't own HPT. I do have a copy of it on my laptop, but I don't own or plan to own the cable. I was planning to try to open the HPT tune on my PC and try to copy/paste the important (Paid for) parameters into the appropriate EFILive COS3 tune. If your dyno guy releases the tune I can try to fix you up.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB 2WD, Internally stock 305 w/Twin T-3 junkyard Turbos,4L80e,Ramjet intake,42lb.inj., 0411PCM, COS3,4675LBS w/me in it. Best Time on 5 passes-13.01@110

Lifetime Member

I guess the next question is-Can you flash over the HPT tune with EFILive?-----I've never tried it.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB 2WD, Internally stock 305 w/Twin T-3 junkyard Turbos,4L80e,Ramjet intake,42lb.inj., 0411PCM, COS3,4675LBS w/me in it. Best Time on 5 passes-13.01@110

Yes you can certainly do that, assuming the PCM isn't locked of course.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Yes you can certainly do that, assuming the PCM isn't locked of course.
    Not with a HPT Custom OS in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast