Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LBZ Idle

Quote Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
    I disagree. It would be pretty simple to make a tune in the DSP idle higher than another tune. It wouldn't be very good if you tried to drive it in that tune though. It would be like doing a mild boosted launch all the time. If you really want to do it, you can do it by modifying the torque based fuel table for whichever tune you want to be your "high idle" tune.
    Not. Idle control is an rpm/fuel feedback loop.

Also, be careful about changing any bosch 0 TPS row. Our test vehicle stalled unpredictably.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    Not. Idle control is an rpm/fuel feedback loop.

Also, be careful about changing any bosch 0 TPS row. Our test vehicle stalled unpredictably.
    What are you talking about? I never said anything about changing a 0 TPS row. What I posted works. I've done it before.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
    What are you talking about? I never said anything about changing a 0 TPS row. What I posted works. I've done it before.
    Could you please be more specific about how to go about doing this? do I change all the vertical rows from 37-812ft/lbs from 300-1200rpm to 25mm3?

how will changing the fuel to 25mm3 increase the idle?

From what I have scanned, the truck commands between 10-15 mm3 of fuel during idle. By changing the fuel to 25 mm3, it will "idle" higher.
    As to what to exactly change, I am not sure, would have to play with it, or have Josh post a screen shot (...wink wink ...)

Josh, you have the right idea. What I have found to work is to set all cells in the zero pedal position row in "pedal position to desired torque" to 185 from the left side up to desired rpm then in "torque based fuel" the upper left corner must be filled in down to 185 and over to desired rpm with about 27 for it to work in colder temperatures. If it works when warm but not when cold raise the torque number our the fuel quantity. Remember in the lmm to do all pedal position to desired torque tables. Maybe bballer can chime in if I'm making this more difficult than it needs to be, this scenario works for me but I call him the lbz guru as he has an excellent understanding of how this ecm uses the data we input

Also I have had NO stalling issues and have done this on dozens of trucks

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsDK View Post
    Also I have had NO stalling issues and have done this on dozens of trucks
    So the truck will idle at 1200rpm(what I have turned it up to) constantly until i turn the switch to another tune?

Are there other parameters I should consider to help with warmup such as vane position? maybe to help eliminate the whistle?

I set the vanes to all the way closed to help put a load on the engine so that it will warm up faster this will also make it whistle more however the increased idle speed is enough for it to warm up

Can't wait to try this on mine, have to wait until Thanksgiving when I finally get my LBZ! Wouldn't mind a warm up tune. What RPM is safe to high idle on? With a remote start, is it bad to have it high idle right away to say 1200 rpm?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjamesbond1 View Post
    Can't wait to try this on mine, have to wait until Thanksgiving when I finally get my LBZ! Wouldn't mind a warm up tune. What RPM is safe to high idle on? With a remote start, is it bad to have it high idle right away to say 1200 rpm?
    Thats a good question, I'm interested on this as well, I thought about setting it to 1400 but im worried it may be too high.... especially with remote start

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast