Thread: EFILive on a pi

Default EFILive on a pi

EFILive on Raspberry pi, would be cool beans; http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs
    Computer plus controller, and Linux too.
    More; http://youtu.be/HGcILQ4WxEk , http://youtu.be/Ls_CXBETB44
    Last edited by Chevy366; April 16th, 2012 at 08:06 AM.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

I just showed that to Paul and Andrew the other day, they only cost $38 AUD, amazing.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Id like that, been toying with the idea of getting one and setting it up in my truck as a mini-media center (mp3s and maybe some HD video). Having EFILive would take the cake!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I just showed that to Paul and Andrew the other day, they only cost $38 AUD, amazing.
    Aren't those just nifty? A business card sized computer. If you could load EFILive you could conceivably do everything on one unit, log, change .tun tables, run data logs. They are powered by a normal cellphone power pack type micro USB so I would think a cellphone car charger would run the unit.
    I don't know how small a EFILive unit could be made to be, but if it was piggiebacked either on top of or underneath one of these, what a amazing unit it would be.
    Last edited by Chevy366; April 16th, 2012 at 04:38 PM.
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Only thing it's Linux base platform not windows. EFI Live is windows

Quote Originally Posted by 06redram View Post
    Only thing it's Linux base platform not windows. EFI Live is windows
    I hate to commit blasphemy but, I bet Winders could be trimmed down to fit, after all the OS is contained in the SD Card not on a chip. I am sorry people can't get pass the fact that Linux is a stable platform to work with and insist on Winders.
    In a self contained unit the OS is none issue, I mean your Router is Linux based, your Cable/Satellite Box recorder is Linux based, you don't have any problems with them being Linux based.

Please do not turn this into a Winders versus Linux free for all.
    2006 Trailblazer

You are so right about the OS on SD Card. Linux is stable

if we could run it on this then why not on a tablet
    97 2500 ecsb 5.7l/4l80e/4x4 411 pcm /thorley tri-y's/dual super 40's with x (catless)/aem cai/msd 6a and coil/zz4 cam/beehive spring/lm-1

stock sucks