Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low Smoke/ Smokeless Power?

Care to post a screenshot or shoot me an email, FUBAR?
    Hey sorry I missed your call. I was updating my iPhone software and didn't see you had called till like 12:15am. Sorry bro.
    EFI Live, Maxxed Out auto trans, Edge TC, FASS, 35's, 4" lift, E.D. 62/68/12, 70 hp tips.

Yeah, mine is similar to Fubars, or atleast from the sounds of it. At the RPM the turbo will light, and at the boost level that will take off pretty fast, I start giving it higher fuel, and full fuel shortly thereafter. I havent rescaled it because I have found no real reason to. Like Fubar said, I dont really have a reason to control or limit fuel in a higher boost application (15-20+ psi).

On another note, I think one reason the table goes so far below atmospheric pressure could be the fact that these motors were offered in non turbo form for different applications. Without a turbo, there would be times when the MAP would read less than atmospheric pressure as the motor created a negative pressure in the intake. That's purely a guess though.
    Last edited by CIDRAUGHN; November 10th, 2011 at 06:36 AM.
    06 Dodge RCLB 2500 5.9L Hamilton, Maxxspool, Wicked Diesels, Bullseye Power, Industrial Injection, South Bend Clutch, Amsoil, K&N, ARP,EFILive, T&C Diesel, ATS, GDP...

Quote Originally Posted by AdamRRT View Post
    Care to post a screenshot or shoot me an email, FUBAR?
    Hey sorry I missed your call. I was updating my iPhone software and didn't see you had called till like 12:15am. Sorry bro.
    I would......if I could ever get back into civilization to be able to use my laptop on the Internet!!!!! ?!$&@!!!
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Take a cellphone pic and email it son! Or MMS it if you gotta.
    I've never messed with that table, trying to control with the actual duration table instead. But I've decided limiters are there for a reason, and makes life easier.
    EFI Live, Maxxed Out auto trans, Edge TC, FASS, 35's, 4" lift, E.D. 62/68/12, 70 hp tips.

Subtracted 25% duration from 50mpa and 15mm3 on up and had just a very slight haze under mid-range/mild acceleration. Subtracted another 10% and the haze is gone, but it feels like it struggles to maintain 65-70mph, but acceleration is fine. Added 5% (-30% total) - will see what happens today. I have the boost limiter maxed out for right now, and once I get the haze under constant acceleration taken care of, I plan on taking care of the off-boost smoke with the boost limiter. The pressure table that I am using right now is just a smoothed out stock table.

Mike
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

So, I'm at about -25% duration down-low, and -17% on the mid/upper-end. I also pulled a little pressure. Now, from what I can tell, I'm smoke free from idle to 3500rpm's under lite/normal acceleration. I still need to work on moderate/heavy acceleration, as well as wot. I'm happy with the progress!

Mike
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12