Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Engine falls flat when going into boost?

Here's a base you might be able to start with. Do you have the factory tune, there's a couple of things I want to double check in the spark tables.

Disconnect the MAF signal wire if you haven't already done so, MAF wasn't failed in the tune.

I've used these figures for your IFR.
    32lb/h @ 43.5psi with an actual fuel rail pressure of 45psi. Is this correct?

Start tuning your VE table and get the High Octane Spark table sorted before you hit too much boost. I've dropped your ignition timing down to 10 deg for now. Log Knock Retard and start building it back up again.

Xtreme_Base.tun

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
    Here's a base you might be able to start with. Do you have the factory tune, there's a couple of things I want to double check in the spark tables.

Disconnect the MAF signal wire if you haven't already done so, MAF wasn't failed in the tune.

I've used these figures for your IFR.
    32lb/h @ 43.5psi with an actual fuel rail pressure of 45psi. Is this correct?

Start tuning your VE table and get the High Octane Spark table sorted before you hit too much boost. I've dropped your ignition timing down to 10 deg for now. Log Knock Retard and start building it back up again.

Xtreme_Base.tun
    Do you want copies of the stock timing tables for the original ECM?
    These are going to be totaly diferant, since the motor originally had an OBD1 system using an ECM with removable chips, instead of a flash tunable PCM

This is the site most guys running stock ECM's use for tuning
    http://www.code59.org/index.php

Here is a basicly stock tune for the factory ECM using code 59
    Attached Files Attached Files

Was just wondering what ignition was being used, LS1 coil packs?
    {B6001} Spark Dwell Time is different to what I normally work with.

Was just wondering what ignition was being used, LS1 coil packs?
    {B6001} Spark Dwell Time is different to what I normally work with.
    No, its a coil with a distributer, like the 1996 through 2001 vortec motors used
    If you want a stock tune for one of these motors, I can post it, but it will be for a non-boosted application

How did you go with the base tunes posted, are you getting anywhere with your tune?

If the car was running well with those spark tables, start with them.

I have never run an LS1 PCM with a distributor, maybe someone else can jump in and give some advice on that area?

2001 and newer 4.3's ran the LS1 style PCM with a distributor, along with the 5.7's in the vans, since the vans didn't get the gen3 motors, until 2003
    If you want to look at some stock tunes for these motors, I should be able to dig some up and post them

Lifetime Member

Post up a few 2001 up if you could. That would be great. Are they bone stock tunes? Im looking for another 4.3 manual tune in a 02 up S10.
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

How did you go with the base tunes posted, are you getting anywhere with your tune?

If the car was running well with those spark tables, start with them.

I have never run an LS1 PCM with a distributor, maybe someone else can jump in and give some advice on that area?

Was hoping to load it this weekend. The truck ran well with the existing spark tables, but it is only when it went into boost things unraveled. Can't wait to try this out!

Quote Originally Posted by slows10 View Post
    Post up a few 2001 up if you could. That would be great. Are they bone stock tunes? Im looking for another 4.3 manual tune in a 02 up S10.
    I have noe that I could find for stick shick in 2002
    This web site has stock EFI live tunes, but I didn't see any for 2002 4.3's with stick
    http://www.tunefiledepot.com/

Question Update Nov. 20

Update:

Initial start up was really rough and rich. So I wound up lowering the values in the B4001 table. In hind sight, the original values would probably work if I let the PCM learn a bit. I will include that tune, but only the one table was changed. (B4001)

Looking further into the injector values, Bosch has two flow rates for the same injector? (0-280-150-756) 30.55 @ 43.5 psi and 32 @ 45 psi (Note this injector is a replacement for the original GM part. Original GM injectors still in the truck)

Which leads me to the next confusion. Using the excel worksheet for injector flow I could not determine what "injector rated fuel pressure" meant ? Depending on that value it influences the whole set of injector flow values.

The truck was running okay at low boost ( < 2psi) so eventually I got it up to about 7 psi until the vacuum line came off -and freaked me out. It was repaired and then I realized this should be done with baby steps, so only a mild cruise and acceleration where logged. By the way, the log PID is based on the VE tutorial and the WB02 0-5v signal was wired directly to the V1.

Xtreme_Base_0001_306risinginjrate_0000.tun

Log_lightcruise004.efi

Log_lightaccel.efi
    '02 S10 Xtreme 4.3 Syclone power; AWD, 4L60E; 411 PCM: Walbro 255; 160F thermo: Front coil overs, 4" static drop;

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast