Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EFI Live Spade

That says It's going to delete config files on the device... That won't touch the tunes which are pre-installed will it?

Lifetime Member

No, tunes are in the data section of memory, script files are in the config section of memory. If you're worried, copy the tunes over to your computer using EFILive Explorer.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Thanks for all your help....

Copied the Tune and config files to my laptop before I tried this. Went ahead and gave it a try and ran into not enough space issues. I unchecked everything I could and there still was not enough free space. My guess at the time was that this is how they are locking the autocal down but I could be wrong. Here is the interesting part. I then opened up the explorer window again and all my config files on the autocal were gone. I had to get out of the house so I just copied them back from my laptop and took off for work. On the way to work I thought if the config files were removed where the hell was all the free space. Maybe the files were open on the autocal so they were still in memory and the device did not believe free space was available. When I get a minute I'll try the procedure again but this time I'll reboot the autocal in-beween the procedure and see if there is any more free space becomes available.

Here is the real shitty part, now I'm stuck at friggin work all day so I can't verify if anything I do works.

Nick gave me a call, looks like a little mix up with versions that is quickly solved with a new set of tunes and CONFIG rework.

I should be ready to roll as soon as I get the hell out of work!

Lifetime Member

I can see now this is going to cause a lot of confusion amongst the EFILive community. It had me guessing what it was for about 10 minutes then i had to google it. And I've been on 3 separate beta groups...
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Default EFI Live Spade

Quote Originally Posted by vortecfcar View Post
    www.Duramaxtuner.com/SPADE

The product is based off EFILive Autocal unit. It's an autocal here - it's a SPADE after it leaves our shop

Nick
    I have a EFI Live Spade. It is for a Cummins. I now have a Duramax LLY. Can I use my SPADE or will I have to purchase a new EFI Live?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atswilson View Post
    I have a EFI Live Spade. It is for a Cummins. I now have a Duramax LLY. Can I use my SPADE or will I have to purchase a new EFI Live?

Thanks
    You have an EFILIVE Autocal. The autocal is loaded by Duramaxtuner as their Spade product.

All Autocal's work on all auto cal applicable vehicles. You should give duramaxtuner.com support a call and get with them.

Thank you
    I will contact them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12