Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Innovate wideband

Default Innovate wideband

Well i just wired up and installed my NEW Innovate wideband MTX-L, calabrated it, it did everything it said it would. Then i started the car, everthing going great at this time, then after 3 minutes of running the engine to warm it up i got an error code E8, switched the car off, restarted the cycle again then its stuck on heating, after a couple more times of restarting it then comes up with error code E5. Checked all connections, good power supply, good earthing.
    I then went onto Innovates website forum and find that im not the only one with similar issues with this model but noticed other models have similar probs. I read through alot of posts but found that people are posting the issues but nothing really resolved.
    I went down to a local guy who uses innovate for dyno tuning and test the O2 sensor on his system and it was fine with no probs (heating and AFR readings etc).
    Has anyone out there had similar or the same issues and found the solution?
    As i have not long bought my new EFILIVE im still stuck in the position of still not being able to use it yet to start logging and tuning. starting to feel i put my hard earned saved up money into a dud WBO2 product.
    Hope some of you very knowledgable guys out there can help with this unit.
    And please ONLY sensible responses to this thread and NO product bashing posts please.

Regards Scotty

I have several innovate wb's and rarely have problems. Every now and then I will go through a sensor but that will happen with any brand. I have found that usually its water or moisture coming out the exhaust that kills the sensor more than anything.

Even though my sensor is mounted on the virtical part of the header and the same spot as the narrow band sensor. basically both sensors are mounted in the same spot at 90 degrees to each other and that is on the collector just at the flang to the cat. cant see how moisture can accumulate on a downward directioned collector.
    cheers Scotty

IIRC Error8 = bad sensor.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    IIRC Error8 = bad sensor.
    Yep i read that in the list of error codes thats when i went down town to have the sensor checked and it was perfectly fine and tested at least five times for heating and measuring O2, others in the Innovative forum had the same thing with a brand new kit replaced brand new sensors and then only to find that they still got Error 8 with the replacement sensor. Mine also came up with error5, thats when i tripple checked all wiring and connectors. Plus the unit would get stuck on heating.
    The supplier is sending me a replacement cable to see if that soughts it out because error 5 is connection between sensor and the unit......not reading or getting a signal. I noticed that when its stuck on heating, the sensor is only warm. It came back to life only once after it started to stop working and when it did this it was heating properly but only to last 3 minutes and then error 8 again.
    I hope someone out there has had similar probs and found the solution and passes the results on!
    Cheers for the replies so far
    Scotty

Lifetime Member

What firmware do you have on your MTX-L? Think it has the same sensor as my LC1, I know for the LC1 I had to update the firmware otherwise I got weird/erratic readings and its been fine since.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Try doing a heater calibration:
    - disconnect sensor from controller;
    - apply power to controller for a few moments;
    - remove power;
    - connect sensor to controller;
    - apply power;
    - wait until heater calibration finishes;

(do not connect or disconnect sensor while power is applied).

I've had alot of trouble with the Innovative MTX-L AFR gauge kits. Random errors, failing sensors, not entering the calibration sequence and not powering up correctly (or at all).

As a result, we don't fit them anymore. Never tried to tune with one with EFI Live though.
    Innovative LC-1 seems to have less issues, possibly a different/better controller.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    What firmware do you have on your MTX-L? Think it has the same sensor as my LC1, I know for the LC1 I had to update the firmware otherwise I got weird/erratic readings and its been fine since.
    No Firmware update as yet for the MTX-L. nothing listed for it on the website in the firmware update section.
    Cheers Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Try doing a heater calibration:
    - disconnect sensor from controller;
    - apply power to controller for a few moments;
    - remove power;
    - connect sensor to controller;
    - apply power;
    - wait until heater calibration finishes;

(do not connect or disconnect sensor while power is applied).
    Thanks Joe, yep had tried the re-calibration but when it goes to calibrate after heating it just stayed stuck on heating or when tried another time it gave error 5 but the thing was it never really heated just got mildly warm. The supplyer here is sending another cable just incase the problem is in that. Failing that looks like the unit is faulty and will have to be sent back under warranty which means MORE BLOODY waiting to be able to use my EFILIVE for the first time for proper logging. If i was to be one of the seven dwarfs i curtainly would not BE HAPPY!!!....lol
    Scotty
    Cheers Scotty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast