New to EFI live but trying to figure it out as fast as possible, Still some things that im not sure about and scared to do since i dont know exactly what the outcome will be.

Started playing around with efi live on my 2006 lly last night, pulled the factory tune out of it and saved to my computer. Wanted to compare factory to a lbz smoke tune from the library off another website, went to compare them and got the error message saying the os didn't match and it couldn't.

I know that it is best to tune off of your factory tune/os and that switching can cause problems sometimes because of options the other truck with different os had or didn't have that mine does.

I'm wondering though if I should change to a certain one seeing how I've got the 2006 lly and I'm assuming it is going to be an oddball, if so what os should I upgrade to and what is the correct way to do it?

Also wondering if I can take the changes that were in the lbz smoke tune and put them into my tune that I pulled out of my truck, yes I know to make sure to save it as something else so I don't overwrite my stocker.