Thread: Remote Start time increases - EFI Live open BCM module???

Default Remote Start time increases - EFI Live open BCM module???

Did some research and haven't found much info since back in 2009 on posts and such. Is there any updates to the access on Remote Start time increases in the RVS system to more than 2 starts and longer than 10min starts per interval? I have a large clientelle up in the far north of Canada with DPF's lined up to purchase a whole EFI Live license just for this feature alone! I understand it may not be accessed by EFI Live so I purchased a GM Tech2 as well and still no luck searching through the system. But it does seem like I'm making progress about finding info on it within the Tech2. What would it take to get EFI Live to open the BCM module on the LMM's?

Gavin
    Sparx Custom Powersports
    Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada

Lifetime Member

Not goint to happen unless you buy Cindy another Ross. And I'm sure if you ask her she doesn't want another Ross. And if you ask Ross, Ross doesn't want another Ross either.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Lifetime Member

What bballer said, this question was asked a few years back and EFILive doesnt do ANYTHING on BCMs, etc. Just PCMs, ECMs, and TCMs. Sorry man, I know a bunch of people who would love this too but I highly doubt EFILive can/will invest the time.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Was wondering, how does the fuel tank size not part of the BCM? Not complaining, sure is nice with my Titan tank!

Lifetime Member

Kind of the same thing with the MPG calc is in the ECM on the pre '06 trucks and is in the BCM on anything with a Bosch ECM... no point even asking why. Thats just the way it is and that's the only way it will ever be and there is nothing we can do about it.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by bballer182 View Post
    Kind of the same thing with the MPG calc is in the ECM on the pre '06 trucks and is in the BCM on anything with a Bosch ECM... no point even asking why. Thats just the way it is and that's the only way it will ever be and there is nothing we can do about it.
    Huh? I don't think the MPG calc is in the BCM in any year truck. I've had an 06 cluster in my 04 for quite some time, since long before I actually converted my truck to LBZ, and the MPG calcs worked exactly the same with the 04 LLY as they did with the 06/07 LBZ, with zero change in function.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    Huh? I don't think the MPG calc is in the BCM in any year truck. I've had an 06 cluster in my 04 for quite some time, since long before I actually converted my truck to LBZ, and the MPG calcs worked exactly the same with the 04 LLY as they did with the 06/07 LBZ, with zero change in function.
    Interesting to note that as the information i was going off of was what Ross has said in the past about that subject. If it were in the ECM it sure would be nice to have access to that set of tables.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    What bballer said, this question was asked a few years back and EFILive doesnt do ANYTHING on BCMs, etc. Just PCMs, ECMs, and TCMs. Sorry man, I know a bunch of people who would love this too but I highly doubt EFILive can/will invest the time.
    Is there any company the does BCMs?? Why doesn't EFI? There are guys who spend thousands on custom interiors and sound systems and the ability to custom program a BCM would be huge. Especially for these silly factory remote starts....

People pay money for drive train power. Not to change the door chimes. Just simple economics. It would not be a frugal use of resources.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"