Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Equinox Tuning?

Lifetime Member

Default Equinox Tuning?

Looking at getting a new family ride, and was considering the Equinox's. Luckily, it looks like EFILive supports these. Anyone had much luck with tuning one? How about increasing the mileage? I think Trifecta (spelling?) has a canned tune, but not sure if they are using EFI Live or not.

Lifetime Member

Trifecta uses some HPT elements and some proprietary stuff from what I can tell, no clue if they use EFILive for anything.

I imagine the newer Equinox's respond reasonably well to a tune, the DI engines are already pretty good on mileage but building a solid tune can only help.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Thumbs up Lol!

Just today, I was working on some new Equinox(s) and looking at the stock ECM calibration with EFILive. Looked like a lot of potential in the tune such as variable intake manifold and intake and exhaust cam phasing with EGR effect, etc... Also some customers have complained of 19 or so MPG which apparently there is a TSB about updating the algorythm or something. So due to the mega high sales #s and popularity, I got really motivated about tuning them and was going to start a thread here called "Equinox tuning", lol

I will say this:

TCM is not supported

Trifecta does not use EFILive

And I pulled a stock cal and compared it to a GM updated cal with many changes and they looked identical so that means there are lots of tables and parameters we are not seeing (YET)...

That being said, I am very interested ans seriously considering licensing one, so please everyone post as much info about tuning them here as you can!

'12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Lifetime Member

Are they using the T78 or something like that?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Which TCM was one of my questions, and if it's supported. I have also read about some poor MPG's on these things. Thus another one of my motives for seeing if it just needs a little tuning. Anyone else out there have any experience with working on these things?

Trifecta reports good results. EFILive does not support tranny. There is a dealer reflash for the mileage.

The ECM and TCM are supported by efi if you get the v6 version. I have the terrain and have used both.

Cool, and good to know.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Barnettthl View Post
    The ECM and TCM are supported by efi if you get the v6 version. I have the terrain and have used both.
    v6? You mean with V8 software?

BTW - it looks like 2011 models are pretty much gone. Any word on if / when the 2012 Equinox's will be supported? Either ECM / TCM or both???

We've had some 2012 E39 reads sent in from various vehicles, but not an Equinox. But it's probably going to be sharing the same OS's as all the other 2012 models. As for the TCM, it might be using the T76, in that case it's not supported.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast