Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Equinox Tuning?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bu View Post
    v6? You mean with V8 software?

BTW - it looks like 2011 models are pretty much gone. Any word on if / when the 2012 Equinox's will be supported? Either ECM / TCM or both???
    I think he means if you get a V6 Equinox, not an I4.

So its a T76 TCM, hmm looks like we've got a winner for GM's new small-medium size TCM choice in this one. (Ross, any idea if it might be in the future?)
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    So its a T76 TCM, hmm looks like we've got a winner for GM's new small-medium size TCM choice in this one. (Ross, any idea if it might be in the future?)
    Not real high on the list, too many bigger fish to fry first. Besides, we can't get one without it coming attached to a transmission.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

24256524 Is a new number for the valve body with TCM. That new number is not restricted.
    05 Silverado rcsb. forged 6.0,KBRacing front mount, TC-76, tuned with efi live.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Not real high on the list, too many bigger fish to fry first. Besides, we can't get one without it coming attached to a transmission.
    Like getting more 5.9 features out and getting 6.7 stuff into public release? I figured ha, eventually it'd be nice as a lot of these newer cars (especially the Cruze and Sonic's with the 1.4L Turbo) need tunes!

Quote Originally Posted by 64camino View Post
    24256524 Is a new number for the valve body with TCM. That new number is not restricted.
    Good to know, glad GM's easing up a little on parts availability for some controllers!
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 64camino View Post
    That right there was also a big problem.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

T76 will be great for Cruze and Sonic tuning. Whenever you get around to it, no pressure.
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    I think he means if you get a V6 Equinox, not an I4.

So for the 4 cylinder, the ECM is supported, but not the TCM. If you get the V6, the both the ECM and TCM are supported?

Not sure about that as a firm rule. I think the way it works is if it's FWD then it's probably a T76, if it's RWD or 4WD then it will be a T43.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bu View Post
    So for the 4 cylinder, the ECM is supported, but not the TCM. If you get the V6, the both the ECM and TCM are supported?
    I honestly dont know, just reporting what my research on here and around the 'net have turned up.
    ~Erik~

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    Just today, I was working on some new Equinox(s) and looking at the stock ECM calibration with EFILive. Looked like a lot of potential in the tune such as variable intake manifold and intake and exhaust cam phasing with EGR effect, etc... Also some customers have complained of 19 or so MPG which apparently there is a TSB about updating the algorythm or something. So due to the mega high sales #s and popularity, I got really motivated about tuning them and was going to start a thread here called "Equinox tuning", lol

I will say this:

TCM is not supported

Trifecta does not use EFILive

And I pulled a stock cal and compared it to a GM updated cal with many changes and they looked identical so that means there are lots of tables and parameters we are not seeing (YET)...

That being said, I am very interested ans seriously considering licensing one, so please everyone post as much info about tuning them here as you can!

Boost - do you happen to have a copy of the tune you pulled from the Equinox to look at? I looked over at the Tune Depot, but no Equinox tunes over there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast