Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DONT NEED HELP TUNING (just made a kick ass tune)

Talking DONT NEED HELP TUNING (just made a kick ass tune)

I just made a kick ass tune. It's pretty extreme but I think im in love with efi live edge was good till i got efi live If anyone wants to check it out that can improve it or brave enough to give it a try im attaching it. I thought i would never get my truck tuned but my hard work payed off cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thats a lot of pulse time at the top end......

why the 192Mpa fuel pressure when your cp3 cant push that much?

what tune did you start with, or create it from? noticed the speed limiter was adjusted, but not in the history, which means it was read or scripted into that tune? as well as no pilot pulse was modified yet not in your history
    12 Second LMM

Question Re:

How much fuel pressure can a stock cp3 push? well i made a few tunes and found a tune online for a lifted truck so i decided to try it out and used the things i read on all these forums to turn it up with timing, width, and pressure. I really am a NEWBIE but this new hybrid tune sure kicks my edge attitudes ass lol. What would you recommend i do to this tune? I have 40hp injectors, afe intake, 4" stright pipe, ppe boost increase valve, triple disc torque converter, upgraded clutch packs, and transgo shift kit. I did steal my transmission tune cause i couldnt find shit for help on that, any help making that tune would be sweet as well. I want to get familiar with this cause i talked my old man to let me tune his lmm. his turbo back exhaust and intake just got here today well thanks for any advise you can whip up

Quote Originally Posted by dubya View Post
    How much fuel pressure can a stock cp3 push? well i made a few tunes and found a tune online for a lifted truck so i decided to try it out and used the things i read on all these forums to turn it up with timing, width, and pressure. I really am a NEWBIE but this new hybrid tune sure kicks my edge attitudes ass lol. What would you recommend i do to this tune? I have 40hp injectors, afe intake, 4" stright pipe, ppe boost increase valve, triple disc torque converter, upgraded clutch packs, and transgo shift kit. I did steal my transmission tune cause i couldnt find shit for help on that, any help making that tune would be sweet as well. I want to get familiar with this cause i talked my old man to let me tune his lmm. his turbo back exhaust and intake just got here today well thanks for any advise you can whip up
    how clean is it? Man with that pulse and those bigger sticks, I can imagine the fuel going through there lol. maybe enough to cause some carnage if you're not careful. Also why the ppe increase valve when you can adjust the tune? Also the LB7/LLY cp3 only puts out only 158Mpa to 160Mpa, however I noticed also in your tune, you have the max rail pressure based on fuel temp max at 180Mpa, yet your pressure table exceeds that (192Mpa).
    12 Second LMM

Default Re:

I tested it at night so i couldnt tell really ill test it again tomorrow and let you know. but should i just adjust my max rail pressure up to 192Mpa? or what max Mpa would you let your rail pressure reach? And with the boost I used that for my edge chip, and i thought that on the older lb7s that it was mechanical anyways. I just want this tune for race i want to drive around on a mild tune to save the life of the truck and injectors those expensive bastards. anyways do you sell tunes for transmissions or have them available to look at? i noticed a couple people on here have your tranny tunes on their trucks and i would enjoy a kick ass tune for my tranny as well.

The highest fuel pressure an LB7 pump will command is 180mpa I believe, maybe only 160mpa, but look at the pulse table and see how high the column headings go. And yes the LB7 is a mechanical turbo and can't be adjusted via tuning like the LLY and newer trucks. I would start with setting your fuel pressure at 160mpa and logging come data. You'll want to log actual fuel rail pressure vs. desired fuel rail pressure, they should match pretty close. If your actual pressure drops below 23,000psi at full throttle, either turn the pressure up (if you can) or you have to decrease the pulse width. Hope this helps man.
    Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

2013 NHRDA Sportsman World Champion

www.PunisherPerformance.com

holly hell that is alot of pw. back the pw down to about 2400 and drop the pressure down to about 170. i bet it will be alot faster than it is know. there is just no way that your cp3 is keeping up

looks like a toyed with bdog tune

Quote Originally Posted by justafarmtruck View Post
    looks like a toyed with bdog tune
    Digging up the dead? And I wouldn't run this tune myself, way to choppy and unsafe from what I can see.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

I remember this post when it first went up, didn't comment on it then. thought it was funny then, still think it is funny now

THEFERMANATOR - i agree, that tun looks scary. PW looks like something needed for a 1000+ HP on stock injectors. for the most part it looks like some of the limiter tables (and limits of the CP3) will keep him out the that area, but there are a few spots that he may hit that 4000+ PW and if he is not lucky then... Boom! the injectors may end up just shooting flames all the way down to BDC and out the exhaust valve. if the flame goes out after using up all of the air and the injectors are still injecting, leaving diesel in the Cylinder, i couldn't even imagine what would happen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast