Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SD tune

Lifetime Member

Default SD tune

I need help changing the stock tune in my LS1 that i put in my Jeep CJ7, I have not found where it is I see that there is Custom OS in the bins on my EFI Live but not sure what to do with it? is there a set of instruction on EFI Live's web site somewhere I have not found yet? thanks
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Lifetime Member

Are you asking how to run the stock tune in SD mode, or how to use a COS ?

Regards,
    Taz

Lifetime Member

well whichever would be better to run without the maf and make the engine always run in closed loop? by running the stock tune in SD it would all out right? but yeah the stock tune in SD mode would be good what would the advantage be to use a custom OS?
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Lifetime Member

Is the engine NA (Naturally Aspirated) or will it use a power adder of some sort (supercharger / turbocharger / nitrous) ?

Regards,
    Taz

Lifetime Member

Naturally aspirated and as of now stock engine with no more then a set of headers and a intake. How much power can be gained from.a well tuned SD tune engine?
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by catman3126 View Post
    Naturally aspirated and as of now stock engine with no more then a set of headers and a intake. How much power can be gained from.a well tuned SD tune engine?
    With a NA engine there is no power output advantage caused by removing the MAF and running in SD. I prefer to use a MAF sensor whenever possible. The main reasons to run MAFless with an NA engine:
    • aesthetics - don't "like" the look of the MAF air intake system
    • engine compartment space - no room to effectively position the MAF
    • reversion / consistent air flow issues - MAF positioned too close the the TB while using a large cam (lots of overlap or tight lope separation angle)
    Regarding tuning the engine after installing a free flowing cold air intake system and free flowing exhaust system ... yes, there will definitely be a power output increase.

How much ? ... depends on the increase (delta) of airflow, and the over all condition of the engine.

Regards,
    Taz

Lifetime Member

Ok thanks so how do I do the SD tune? Another issue is that I was never able to pickup a speed signal for the ecm and because of that it would never go into closed loop but by unplugging the maf it will run in closed loop, but by plugging the maf it runs in closed loop. So this is the main reason I want to go with SD or should I copy the spark table into all the tables so it is not in the semi limp mode?
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Lifetime Member

At the point where specific information and your tune is necessary.

Are you running DBC or DBW TB ?
    MAF - 3 wire Camaro style or 5 wire truck style ?
    P/N switch - Camaro style or truck style ?

A VSS signal to the PCM is mandatory if you want to eliminate idle / driveability issues. I take it you are using a cable speedometer - from a sender on the transmission or transfer case ? An in-line pulse generator (that would provide a usable VSS signal) may be purchased for as little as $35.

Post your tune, and component description.

Regards,
    Taz

Lifetime Member

DBC camaro style and 3 wire. I have one of those inline signal generator and was never able to get it to work, so I talked to Novak conversions and they sent me another one and it didn't work. I talked to advanced adapters and they said that the speedo cable on the output of the jeep t case doesn't spin fast enough to make them work. now whether thats true or not I don't know. They sell a setup that requires the output of the Dana 300 to be changed so that a tone gear can be installed with a sensor on the side of the housing. I will post the tune tonight when I get home tonight. I know that by unhooking the maf it made a world of differents at for how the engine runs. now it seems to run like it should. before it would sometimes run decent and other times it acted like it derated and low on power. I would like to have the speed signal work but pretty much gave up on that. thanks for your help. I will put the tune up tonight.
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Quote Originally Posted by catman3126 View Post
    I need help changing the stock tune in my LS1 that i put in my Jeep CJ7, I have not found where it is I see that there is Custom OS in the bins on my EFI Live but not sure what to do with it? is there a set of instruction on EFI Live's web site somewhere I have not found yet? thanks
    Look here : http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...130&Itemid=134 , AutoVe tutorial has a simple SD tutorial in it .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast