Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AutoVE on our PCMs?

I have read that the rear O2 sensors do about 10% of fuel trimming compared to the front O2 sensors. Its called FOASCO or FOCSAO or something like that. If Monodax was up I would be able to tell you.

I have turned of reporting with no apparent issues.

So far as the "blackbox" PCM code, its all there, its just that the tuning suites dont list all of the available parameters. Talking with a GM engineer who did calibrations for these trucks, he commented on there being many many parameters hidden in the Tunercats VDF's, let alone the EFILive ones. But he still tuned a Vortec 350 for just over 4000rwhp and 430rwtq with a Whipple and marine intake.

peace
    Hog
    1997 rcsb stock L31 longblock, Marine Intake with 28# EV6 injectors, L35 2700 stall TC,Hooker LT's 2.007 60ft

I found the routine in a dissasembly, can also turn off HO2 2-2 if it had single exhaust, or run Open Loop for tuning, so simple things needed are there as well.

Not sure how guys earlier in this thread did the Auto VE or VE Calc? Done both of them on other engines, just can't validate the PIDS needed for this 98 Vortec engine? No commanded AFR or EQ Ratio? Could the Scan Tool be missing stuff as well?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123