Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help me tweak my E38 VVE.

So if no code, MAF has to be disabled by pulling power? I thought your tutorial stressed disabling MAF by pulling yellow wire>
    2015 Z06 A8

Thanks for the info Swingtan. I will eventually mess with it enough I'll figure it out. I have learned quit a bit just messing with it in the last week or so. I'll load chalkys tweaks tomorrow, and see what happens. Thanks again for helping me guys.

Chalky: The yellow wire is the signal wire. Pulling it will certainly bring up the code ( unless the codes have been turned off instead of being set to "non emissions" ).

Jayrcr3: If I get a chance latter I'll look at both your tune and log, I've been a bit busy for the past 3 months.....

I will check, but in the tutorial he also has you disable 3 MIL settings. I'm guessing they are for the three he just mentioned, so I will have to re enable those MIL settings to verify those codes are being set.

The tutorial does not say to "disable" the codes. There are two steps involved and quite a few only do half the job, causing problems.

Under "Engine Diagnostics" there are two area's to make adjustments...
    1. DTC Type: Under here the codes are to be set to "Non Emissions". If you set these to "Disabled" or "Not Reported" then the ECM will still default to using the MAF, even if the MAF has been removed from the car. If the MAF is removed, the car will start but die instantly.
    2. DTC MIL: Under here, the codes are set to "No MIL". This prevents the dash DTC lamp from lighting when the ECM fails the MAF codes.

Get these wrong and tuning the VVE will be very difficult.

Simon.

I don't believe there is anything in the tutorial about changing anything to non emissions. I will check again tonight when I get home. This may be something I missed.

Actually, there isn't, you only need to set "Non-Emissions" if you are going to leave the car in MAFless / SD mode. If you are going to swap back to using the MAF, then only the "No-MIL" setting is required to stop the dash lamp.

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    The tutorial does not say to "disable" the codes. There are two steps involved and quite a few only do half the job, causing problems.

Under "Engine Diagnostics" there are two area's to make adjustments...
    1. DTC Type: Under here the codes are to be set to "Non Emissions". If you set these to "Disabled" or "Not Reported" then the ECM will still default to using the MAF, even if the MAF has been removed from the car. If the MAF is removed, the car will start but die instantly.
    2. DTC MIL: Under here, the codes are set to "No MIL". This prevents the dash DTC lamp from lighting when the ECM fails the MAF codes.

Get these wrong and tuning the VVE will be very difficult.

Simon.
    I believe you have found the problem. Mine were set to "B: 2 Trips, Emissions Related" I changed them to "Non Emissions". I will get another log and see if it comes out better.

Ok guys, I think I'm finally getting somewhere. I threw out all my previous logs and tunes and started back at square one. I have made 2 adjustments to the VVE, but I havent logged the second adjustment yet. Here is my before and after. the AFR's are much closer in the second one. I think I might be heading in the right direction.

Log_Jay_0000.efiLog_Jay_0001.efi

Definitely going in the right direction. Big improvement between 1st and 2nd pass.
    2015 Z06 A8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12