Thread: Easy way to change Calibrations?

Question Easy way to change Calibrations?

I'm fighting the dieseling condition (still) and it has been mentioned that the 2007 CAL that I am using is the only one with this issue. So, I'd like to get the "other" 2007 CAL that is available (apparently 2007s had 2 CALs for that year) and update it with all of the changes made to my tune for the E-Force unit. Can that be done? If so, is there an easy way to do it or do I have to run two tune programs and copy and paste all of the differences? That sounds very time consuming and open to screwing it up....

Also, will this require me to use another license on my ECM?

TIA,

Elmer
    2014 Corvette Convertible, Torch Red, A6, Z51, 3LT, NPP Exhaust

Lifetime Member

Elmer, you can take a stock tune of your current OS and make a script file that compares the differences between the modified tune and the stock one. Then you can apply the script to another OS. This would be the way to do it without manually copying every calibration over.

No, remember EFILive licenses the actual ECM/PCM/TCM's serial number, not the VIN, OS, etc. Once you have the other OS tune with your modified calibrations you can full flash it into your ECM.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Looking for how to script now. Actually, I need to locate the other CAL tune. I didn't see any other listed on holdencrazy.

Thanks for the response.

Elmer

Aha,

They're user created, as in you create your own scripts. Make some changes to your stock file, save it as a different name. Then reopen the stock file, click File->Load alternate calibration for comparison, then click Edit->Create Script. Save the script with a name, say test1script. Then go back to the stock file, click Edit->Run Script and select test1script. Click Run, watch the program make the changes in the windows, then click Close and see in the tune file that those changes have been made.