Thread: JUST a Roadrunner

Lifetime Member

Default JUST a Roadrunner

Hi guys - I have EFI V2 and a wideband already, is there a way I can get everything else I need to have a RoadRunner setup for my 2000 Silverado? I don't want to have to buy EFI Live a second time to get one. I'm thinking that this is what I need. Verification please? The idea of letting the truck tune itself is very appealing to me, as well as being able to make live changes rather than having to park, redo the program then reload. Thanks.

Lifetime Member

That is the correct RR, 512kb LS1 PCM. You will also need to purchase the EFILive RoadRunner license from the main EFILive webpage as well.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Hmm, so I couldn't just load my existing program in there? I have a license for my truck now. You'd think it would either have a license or let you load an existing license to it since it would effectively be replacement computer hardware.

Lifetime Member

You can use existing tunes, but to use the RR with EFILive, you have to have a RoadRunner license as well. No, you do not actually have a license for your truck, you have a license to tune your PCM/ECM/TCM. EFILive locks itself to the serial number of the controller which allows you to run different OSs and change the VIN without having to pay extra. But, since you are replacing your PCM with another unit, you have to purchase the right to tune that unit. 1 RR license is tied to that RR again, but for tunershops they can use the same RR without paying extra $$ all the time.

Check the license info out here: EFILive RoadRunner License
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

Lifetime Member

Gotcha. Still though, you'd think the RR would come with the license with the expected increase in cost since it sounds like it's useless without it. Oh well... thanks. Still gonna see about ordering one.

The RoadRunner is used by other tuning software packages besides EFI_Live. The licensing has to do with the software package writing to the RoadRunner, not the device itself.
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Lifetime Member

Ah, that makes more sense.

Since all the links above are dead... I still have one license left with my EFI Live, will this work?

Lifetime Member

To tune a RR PCM, you dont use any VIN licenses. You need to purchase the special RR license from the main site: EFILive RR License
    ~Erik~

The broken link might be this: roadrunner-ls1-realtime-emulation-pcm