Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 08 Trans in 07 model VE SS

Default 08 Trans in 07 model VE SS

So i have burnt out the clutches on my original trans after 132K km's.

I can pick up either another 7cva trans or an 8cva.

I would like to get the 8 in hopes that it has the seal fix, will i have any drama's plugging this in?

it should be fine.. pretty sure (99%) that you can flash in holden 06-09 OS's... its when you flash in anything else into a MY10 TCM that it all heads south...

repaired 2 TCM's where they had 07 OS flashed into 2 MY10 TCM's ... they cease to operate any more (the high pitch sqeauling stops)

i have an 07 TCM with a MY08 flash in it and its fine
    ---------------------------
    E38's got to love them
    E40's hate 'em

LS1's is there anything it wont work on

Holden VE SSV - GEN46L

www.ultimateconversionwiring.com.au

www.dualflash.com.au

Putting different operating systems into transmissions is one thing, swapping a trans is a whole 'nother story.
    We put a rebuilt 6L80E we had ready into an 08 VE SS a few months ago, trying to reduce down time for the customer.

The transmission PCM and engine PCM would not link. Produced alot of CAN Bus codes and went into limp mode.
    Ended up putting the origional PCM in the new trans to get the vehicle driving properly again.
    Holden might be able to link them, contacted a few dealers around Perth but they either didn't know at the time, or said it couldn't be done.

well i have my own tech2, so if i have any drama's i cant fix with efilive i'll report back.

i picked up the 8cva anyway because it was newer and had less km's. my old man has an 08 build ss and it has the later model e38 and the trans has the whole sports shift when u move the gear lever over. mine still has the sports button.

you must have misunderstood my post... you will need to change the OS in the TCM so it matches the OS that is in the ECU.. then it will "Link"

if you have a ecu os from a MY07 and a TCM OS from a MY08 then you will start getting weird errors... (normally a P0700 or P0701 - cant remember but TCM errors stored and lost can bus comms)
    E38's got to love them
    E40's hate 'em

Holden VE SSV - GEN46L

www.dualflash.com.au

I tried working with the operating system from the new trans and the origional trans, the main problem I had was something to do with the VIN matching, which was dropping the TCM from the CAN bus.

You would have to assume Tech-2 or TIS can sort that issue. But Holden weren't very helpful.

I dont use efi alot to program with but did you try programming the vin in the TCM with EFIlive once it was fitted?

yes tech 2 and TIS would do it but more than likely it would comeback saying the wrong hardware as it does a read of the gearbox first then compares... and holden wouldnt be helpful mainly cause majority of them dont have a clue... there are some smart holden technicians but they are only used to pulling out the part from a factory car and fitting the same correct part back into the car then programming it .. not a conversion as such which is a bit like yours
    E38's got to love them
    E40's hate 'em

Holden VE SSV - GEN46L

www.dualflash.com.au

With EFILive you can full flash the TCM OS to different model years to match the ECM. However, as the other poster said above, that can't be done on the later TCM (2010+), the structure is slightly different and it ends up not dead, but not capable of shifting the transmission.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

okay, new tranny in.

old trans 7cva:
    os = 24239353
    cal = 24239647

new trans 8cva:
    os = 24243170
    cal = 24243178

with the new trans everything works except for manual tap-shift. how do i perform a full flash of the old tune to new gearbox, it's greyed out here. (i thought efi also prevented fulll flash on t43's anyway? or is this a recent change?)

just used v8 to flash in my original trans os & cal. all good now.

tyres are ready to be destroyed.
    Last edited by Tre-Cool; December 3rd, 2011 at 05:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast