Thread: Changing from auto to manual in E37

Default Changing from auto to manual in E37

The only source I've found in regards to changing from an auto to manual is

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....-a-manual-one&

Unfortunately it doesn't explain how to access the Transmission Cal & Trans diagnostics. I have examples of both auto & non for different vehicles, but with the same OS & CAL file. I can find nothing in regards to the transmission settings within the tuning software. Just flashing the manual version with the proper VIN is not the solution, we need to maintain the auto vehicle's programming to keep flexible fuel capabilities.

Lifetime Member

A little more information may help. What vehicle is the auto tune from that you are using as a base tune ? Do you also have a manual tune for that type of vehicle, or merely a manual tune from another vehicle that uses an E37 ?

Post the auto tune that you would like to convert, and the manual tune that may be a donor.

Regards,
    Taz

You really need to use a factory auto or manual tune. There is way more lying in the ECM that would need to be set up for auto or manual operation.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

The Trans diagnostics and parameters refer to a PCM, not an ECM/TCM combo. In an E37 setup the ECM will not have any transmission parameters.

So the manual tunes aren't flex fuel? Have you thought about using a COS and forcing the flex fuel %? My TBSS is not flex fuel yet with a COS I can force the octane scaler.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

FFV: 2009+ HHR E37 ECM w/ auto
    Vehicle converting to FFV: 2007 Cobalt w/ manual, installed 2009 Cobalt & HHR E37 ECMs
    Tunes available: 2009 Cobalt manual & auto, 2009 HHR auto.
    The available tunes have the same OS & CAL.
    Vehicles have the 2.2L Ecotec engine, with the 09+ having VVT.

I have no experience setting up a COS with E37s (nor any other) and have only seen them available for the E67 & E38. I also don't want to force a flex fuel %, the computer needs to learn the percentage on its own. The point of the conversion is to enable FF in non-FFV. We have done this successfully with an 07 HHR using an 09+ ECM.

09 HHR in 07 Cobalt.ctd Won't crank due to U0101 TCM error, still thinks the car is an automatic
    09 Cobalt in 07 Cobalt.ctd Starts and drives within the vehicle just fine