Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP PLEASE!!! Im stumped..

Default HELP PLEASE!!! Im stumped..

Ok for the past week I have been working with Zach at starlite diesel trying to get my truck tuned with efi live but we are running in to many obstacles. He is a great guy to deal with and I feel bad that my truck is giving us such a hard time. First we were getting a P0633 code that was showing up in the diagnostics but not throwing a cel light (I could clear it but i would come right back on immediately), as well as getting a p1222 code that was coming on after a hard run because my dam wait to start light keeps coming on after about 5 min of running the truck hard. We were pretty sure that my previous smarty and bully dog tuners were causing the issues so i took it to the dealership and had a completely fresh flash done on the truck in hopes to eliminate any junk left on the ecu from the past tuners. I then read that stock tune and sent it to him which he promptly sent back to me with a base tune that he had written with it. I flashed that one into the truck and took it out for a drive only to have that dam wait to start light come on once again after driving it hard for about 5 min although now I do not have the P0633 code anymore, only the p1222. Could someone please point me in the right direction??? we have tried many many different tunes and modification and just cant seem to get rid of this dam code (note that once that light comes on the truck goes into limp mode). Also, I did have the wait to start light come on one time with my smarty about 2 weeks after loading up the new tnt-r tune that had came out but i dont think that it went into limp mode at that time and all i did was clear the code and I never saw it again.... Please help...
    2006 5.9 2500- EFI LIVE by Starlite Diesel, Flux 3.5's, 64/74/14 over a 80/96/1.32ar, ARP 625 studs, O-ringed head, F1 valve springs, Spearco Intercooler, Raptor 150, Isspro Gauges, Wicked Coolant Bypass, Evil Twin Dual CP3's, Full Billet Tranny by TRE Diesel, 4.5in Fabtec, 20x14 American Force Wheels, 33x13.5 ATZ's.
    -Latest dyno numbers 806hp/1290tq, w/ a single stage III cp3, smaller set of twins (62/475) and a much weaker tune than current setup

Did this issue occur after the dealer flashed a stock tune or only after you re-flashed it with EFI?
    EFI Live - The Smarter way to tune!
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCummins View Post
    Did this issue occur after the dealer flashed a stock tune or only after you re-flashed it with EFI?
    Only after I re flashed it with efi live... The only code it would throw with the dealer flashed stock tune was and over boost code because I took my boost fooler off for the efi live...
    2006 5.9 2500- EFI LIVE by Starlite Diesel, Flux 3.5's, 64/74/14 over a 80/96/1.32ar, ARP 625 studs, O-ringed head, F1 valve springs, Spearco Intercooler, Raptor 150, Isspro Gauges, Wicked Coolant Bypass, Evil Twin Dual CP3's, Full Billet Tranny by TRE Diesel, 4.5in Fabtec, 20x14 American Force Wheels, 33x13.5 ATZ's.
    -Latest dyno numbers 806hp/1290tq, w/ a single stage III cp3, smaller set of twins (62/475) and a much weaker tune than current setup

Ive been reading about alot of people with smartys getting this code after they updated the smarty with the newest software and bob wagner posted on multiple threads that it was because of a bug that was in Chryslers software, but that they updated the Mads software to fix this problem so everyone just needed to update there smartys again and apparently this was fixing the issue. But im not using the smarty anymore obviously so im hoping i can figure it out with efi live...

What OS and .cal version was the file the dealer flashed?
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4

Okay, the P0633 is just that Invalid SKM Key. This one can get set by a bunch of things but doesnt set the CEL. It can be caused by aftermarket alarms, remote starters, add-on modules....anything that powers the ECM or runs it without the key in the ignition. Its really common on things like Edge Juice modules, but its harmless. Other than it showing when you read the codes, its harmless.

Now, the other code, P1222, is / was a known Injector Control issue and was cured with an updated flash. More than likely what you have going on is the file you are using is still using the calibrations from an older flash before Chrysler fixed the issue or its an older corrupted Smarty file.

Its needs to be done with a clean, unmolested OS and not scripted or you'll likely keep having the issue.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

....hmm im not really sure? Is there a way to look it up? One thing that I did forget to mention is that in the beginning Zach said he though that the original stock file that I had taken off of my truck for the first time had look like a California tune, so we tried to using a stock california tune and flashed that into my truck and changed the vin and all that, then read that back out and had him try writing other tunes off of that one with out any luck. So then when I brought it to the dealer to have them reflash everything back completely stock they told me that they could only flash back in another california tune because that is what they said it had when i brought it to them. So after the flash back in a new cali tune i use efi live and flash over that with the factory tune that I first pulled out of my truck in the very beginning thinking that that would put back in a regular federal tune and allow them to reflash it with another federal tune. But when they hooked up there start scan stuff again it still said that I had a california tune so all they could do it put another one in it... But I figured at least it was a completely new flash and maybe this would do the trick. I was wrong... after reading that freshly flashed tune out and email it to Zach and having him send me a tune back I still have the p1222 code and wait to start light... but it did get rid of the p0633. To say the least we are frustrated

When you first open a tune file in V7.5 the description should have OS ID and Cal ID. I had the truck flashed by the dealer not too long ago to fix problems I was having and they put in the most recent file with an upgraded OS and calibration, I could send my stock file to you if you'd like.
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4

I would ditch whatever you are using right now and start with a clean OS tjat has not been on that truck.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

That is what we had though so wouldnt having the truck reflashed completely to stock at the dealer and then reading that stock file and writting a new tune from that new clean file solve my issues??? im really confused...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast