Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP PLEASE!!! Im stumped..

You should try another OS/Cal file. Here's the updated tune I got from the dealer, I'm assuming you're an '06 4x4.

Don't forget to put in YOUR VIN!

CMB Stock AW(1).ctd
    EFI Live - The Smarter way to tune!
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4

the OS is 11352602 and Cal is 35325533AW. And this is for the stock dealer flash that I read out of the truck right after they flashed it.
    2006 5.9 2500- EFI LIVE by Starlite Diesel, Flux 3.5's, 64/74/14 over a 80/96/1.32ar, ARP 625 studs, O-ringed head, F1 valve springs, Spearco Intercooler, Raptor 150, Isspro Gauges, Wicked Coolant Bypass, Evil Twin Dual CP3's, Full Billet Tranny by TRE Diesel, 4.5in Fabtec, 20x14 American Force Wheels, 33x13.5 ATZ's.
    -Latest dyno numbers 806hp/1290tq, w/ a single stage III cp3, smaller set of twins (62/475) and a much weaker tune than current setup

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCummins View Post
    You should try another OS/Cal file. Here's the updated tune I got from the dealer, I'm assuming you're an '06 4x4.

Don't forget to put in YOUR VIN!

CMB Stock AW(1).ctd
    Ok so this is the stock file that you read off your when you got it from the dealership after flash right? and I should take this file, change the vin, flash it to my truck, read it out, and then send that to Zach to modify correct??
    2006 5.9 2500- EFI LIVE by Starlite Diesel, Flux 3.5's, 64/74/14 over a 80/96/1.32ar, ARP 625 studs, O-ringed head, F1 valve springs, Spearco Intercooler, Raptor 150, Isspro Gauges, Wicked Coolant Bypass, Evil Twin Dual CP3's, Full Billet Tranny by TRE Diesel, 4.5in Fabtec, 20x14 American Force Wheels, 33x13.5 ATZ's.
    -Latest dyno numbers 806hp/1290tq, w/ a single stage III cp3, smaller set of twins (62/475) and a much weaker tune than current setup

Just change the VIN on the details page then send it to Zach to modify, no need to flash it to your truck to read back the same file. It would be a good idea to go ahead and flash it (after saving your VIN to the file) and see if there's no problems.
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4

thanks ill try that

i have run into similar issues on duramax trucks. issues with tune, make script file using tune with issue and running script over new tune without issues, issues still there. be sure that this new file (from dealership or this thread) doesn't get anything used from the old file with problems, no copy and pasting from old file or scripting. i had issues either way on one particular truck and had to start from scratch and build a new tune

Exactly, don't script over this file.

You may have to do it manually.

If the script file has an issue, it may be causing yours issues.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

Hey guys... wanted to chime in and let you know for sure what we've tried and what i've been doing with his truck to try and make it right.

First we started with the Smarty "returned to stock file" - which was the previously mentioned california OS. I did in fact build that tune from scratch, no scripting. Starting in baby steps with his truck as he's got quite the list of mods and wanted to be sure we had all the 'normal' things worked out before trynig to throw all the power at it.

When we started seeing the problems, i decided it was time to ditch the Smarty and get the stock OS from TUnefiledepot that matched, which was the California OS per the four digit match from the original stock file. This file i did NOT build from scratch though, but only brought over timing, pressure, main injection and post injection stuff... basic stuff, nothing fancy. Even left limiters alone originally. Ended up having smae problem, plus needed work on smoothing out the pressures and stuff to get rid of some surging. Changed limiters and tried 3 or 4 attempts at different variations of this tune, all doing the same thing - ONLY after driving it hard. Matt reported he could drive for hours under normal driving with no problems, only after hard driving of the truck, even though it is not 'turned up' very much, does this happen.

From here, i decided that we would start with a different file - and used the Federal tune that i believe most closely matched his truck and had the same OS actually as the California version. This time I did script over the changes from the 'new' California tune we had been trying. Felt pretty comfortable with doing that since it started as a known good tune.

After about 3 iterations of that tune, it was apparent that we didn't gain anything, so went back to the California version of the tune and tried about 5 more tunes to try and work it out.

Again, this is only happening after hard acceleration - not sure if that is an indicatory. The data logs show beautiful - rail is holding commanded almost perfect, RPMs are there - shifting is how we want it.... then, at random time after hard acceleration (can be almost instant or up to 5 minutes later) - boom the light comes on, and it's in a limp mode of sorts.

From here, and due to the P0633 code and having tried basically 3 differnt 'stock' files in the truck, i told him i thought it best to make a trip to the dealer to see if we weren't fighting some other remnants of the Smarty or other previous tuners (had a bullydog on there at one point too). The dealer flashes did eliminate the P0633 code completely, so I thought we were onto something. I did however, script my changes over from the tunefiledepot california tune to this new dealer stock file. I will go back and make a small number of changes to the dealer fresh file (OS ending 602) and then see if I can isolate the area of the tune at least that might be the main problem, or if we doing it by hand is the answer.

If you have any other ideas, please let me know. I did download the stock file posted earlier on this page so we can try that too... Just haven't ever had this issue on a truck before (had plenty of other issues getting em dialed in, but this one is new to me)...

Thanks for all the input! I will share all the results here so maybe someone in the future can learn from my screw ups :-)
    2005 Crew Cab Dually Duramax

Big turbos, big injectors, big pumps, crazy heads AND a flux capacitor...
    Best run so far on street tires: 11.14 @ 128.8 mph

I have a truck doing this SAME thing!!! If i try another fresh OS in it..the truck will not code, but sadly for whatever reason it will not allow me to change vin (yes i have changed the vin on many many trucks so i know how to do so)....Very frustrating problem..when the truck gets back around im going to do it again and send the data to Paul/Ross.
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Zach let me know how it turns out with my stock file, if you use it.
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast