Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP PLEASE!!! Im stumped..

Check that the VATS has not been set to disable in the tune (E6510). If I recall, the 'update' from Dodge had that set to disabled for some reason and would throw the SKIM code as a result. If it is set to disable, change it to enabled, make sure the VIN is correct for the truck (if not, change it in the scantool) and it should be good to go.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

So the truck runs well without coding with the new completely stock tune from the dealer?
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

It runs good, and the P0633 code is gone now.

I have been sending new tunes all day, and finally we have a winner it seems. No codes in testing so far except when trying to disable the BTM. That sets P0602. Turning it back on removes the code :-(

The most recent tune now has all the mm3 and Pulse limiters disabled, and he will be testing that tomorrow. Trans shifting and lockup are good - just a matter of seeing how it runs fully fueled. This is the point we were at and kept getting the damn P1222 code and wait to start light which caused it to 'limp' before. However, taking the advice here the tune was built 100% by hand - no scripting from the previous versions, etc... Hopefully the problem is solved. I'll report back more tomorrow when he's had a chance to go test it.

Thanks for the input from everyone.
    2005 Crew Cab Dually Duramax

Big turbos, big injectors, big pumps, crazy heads AND a flux capacitor...
    Best run so far on street tires: 11.14 @ 128.8 mph

Ya gotta love when ya get one that has the "Ghost in the machine".

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

Quote Originally Posted by DoghouseDiesel View Post
    Ya gotta love when ya get one that has the "Ghost in the machine".
    Been there, done that and it caused an internal ECM failure code... wasn't fun!
    EFI Live - The Smarter way to tune!
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCummins View Post
    Been there, done that and it caused an internal ECM failure code... wasn't fun!
    As soon as he said that it previously had a Smarty AND a Bully Dog, I'll admit I cringed a little bit.

That's like mixing beer and liquor....its fun while it lasts, but somebodys not gonna feel so good in the morning.

Everytime I have someone the has played with both of those it causes issues.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

Ok

So updates....

So far so good, other than i'm not able to disable the BTM and Intake Air heater.... so, gotta work on that. Everytime i disable either of them - get check engine with P0602 code - but other than that, we're in business on this one! Got some logs to go over this morning to get him his max effort tune, but outside of that - have pretty much all the drivability issues worked out aside from not being able to disable those two functions without codes.... so I think we can finally say we're over the hump on this one.

Kinda weird set of issues, but whatever it was i'm just happy to be past it. So is he :-)
    2005 Crew Cab Dually Duramax

Big turbos, big injectors, big pumps, crazy heads AND a flux capacitor...
    Best run so far on street tires: 11.14 @ 128.8 mph

I agree I was REALLY worried, since I've had the Smarty, BDTD, and Predator all on my truck in the past trying to see what one I liked the best. I think the Predator was the most problematic though. That thing HATES to be removed from the ECM.
    EFI Live, Maxxed Out auto trans, Edge TC, FASS, 35's, 4" lift, E.D. 62/68/12, 70 hp tips.

Just another update on how the truck is running now that I have driven it a bit more: Still seems to be shifting good (I would like to be able to get it to lock in 2nd gear and stay locked under wot during a launch if that is possible), and be able to turn of the "boosted launch limiter" (can remember the correct name). Egts are reasonable when taking off from about 65mph in overdrive locked @ about 1500, but if i get on it with out the converter locked at a lower speed and its reving out through the gears then egts do get too hot (around 1700-1800 if i dont let out), but i think once we can get it to lock in 2nd under wot then that should help lower them considerably (all egt's #'s are fuel only without any water which i can spray to cool things down if needed). Boost is maxing out at about 65 psi (which is the same boost # that the regular tnt tune was making, the tnt-r was making 70 psi but with very hot egts even in overdrive locked (these egt and boost #'s were with spraying alot of water to cool things). And rail pressure is holding at around 25k which is better than it was with the previous full fuel tunes we've tried (also much better rail pressure that the tnt tunes had, they made around 22-23k with the mp8) so they sucked the rail down pretty quick. We are definitely making good progress. Oh and we also still have NO CODES SHOWING UP!! which is awesome. Thanks zach
    Last edited by mattyfz450; December 5th, 2011 at 05:52 AM.
    2006 5.9 2500- EFI LIVE by Starlite Diesel, Flux 3.5's, 64/74/14 over a 80/96/1.32ar, ARP 625 studs, O-ringed head, F1 valve springs, Spearco Intercooler, Raptor 150, Isspro Gauges, Wicked Coolant Bypass, Evil Twin Dual CP3's, Full Billet Tranny by TRE Diesel, 4.5in Fabtec, 20x14 American Force Wheels, 33x13.5 ATZ's.
    -Latest dyno numbers 806hp/1290tq, w/ a single stage III cp3, smaller set of twins (62/475) and a much weaker tune than current setup

Quote Originally Posted by AdamRRT View Post
    I agree I was REALLY worried, since I've had the Smarty, BDTD, and Predator all on my truck in the past trying to see what one I liked the best. I think the Predator was the most problematic though. That thing HATES to be removed from the ECM.
    Did you ever run into any issues tuning yours after running all those different timers? I've ran all of them as well in the past. Maybe that's why I needed a full reflash at the dealer...
    2006 5.9 2500- EFI LIVE by Starlite Diesel, Flux 3.5's, 64/74/14 over a 80/96/1.32ar, ARP 625 studs, O-ringed head, F1 valve springs, Spearco Intercooler, Raptor 150, Isspro Gauges, Wicked Coolant Bypass, Evil Twin Dual CP3's, Full Billet Tranny by TRE Diesel, 4.5in Fabtec, 20x14 American Force Wheels, 33x13.5 ATZ's.
    -Latest dyno numbers 806hp/1290tq, w/ a single stage III cp3, smaller set of twins (62/475) and a much weaker tune than current setup

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast