Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Datalogging freeze up

Default Datalogging freeze up

I have posted this before but there were no responses or solutions. When datalogging everything works great when "Monitoring" but when I hit the "Record" button and start recording my datalogs, it will work for a bit and then freeze up, then continue, then freeze, then work, then freeze, etc etc.

I have reduced the PIDS selected thinking I had too many pids selected but I can reduce it to just a few pids and it still freezes up randomly.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

My old laptop would do this if I hade it in low power mode - trying to conserve battery power
    Check you power setting when unpluged
    97 2500 ecsb 5.7l/4l80e/4x4 411 pcm /thorley tri-y's/dual super 40's with x (catless)/aem cai/msd 6a and coil/zz4 cam/beehive spring/lm-1

stock sucks

Thanks for the suggestion. I did go in and change power plan to Max performance and still the same issue. I appreciate the reply though.

What is the system doing (CPU utilization etc.) in Task Manager when logging? I have an Atom based netbook and I know that it struggles to keep up logging real-time data, especially when on the graphs pages. It definitely sounds like a system related problem.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    What is the system doing (CPU utilization etc.) in Task Manager when logging? I have an Atom based netbook and I know that it struggles to keep up logging real-time data, especially when on the graphs pages. It definitely sounds like a system related problem.
    Thanks for the suggestion. It is the latest i7 top of the line processor so that should not be an issue. Paul suggested it may be a write protection feature in the hard drive due to vibration while driving. I am going to do a couple of tests tomorrow and see if that is it. Thank you.

I also am seeing the same thing with my laptop. Maybe try running it on high performance mode instead of balanced or power saver mode? I have noticed that since I changed laptops the update speed is super fast (other than the bit of lag).

I am having a similar problem also. I can record just fine, but cannot monitor. When I hit the yellow button it says that it's paused, and does nothing. It has been this way for a couple of months I would guess. It worked fine a while back. The only thing I can think of that has changed is installing updates.
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2006Cummins View Post
    I am having a similar problem also. I can record just fine, but cannot monitor. When I hit the yellow button it says that it's paused, and does nothing. It has been this way for a couple of months I would guess. It worked fine a while back. The only thing I can think of that has changed is installing updates.
    In monitoring mode the charts won't appear to be updating because they are paused, that is what monitoring mode means. It means no data is being recorded, it is just being displayed in the [Data (F9)] tab page and on the gauges on dash page A.

When the software is in monitoring mode, and you view the [Data (f9)] tab page, do the PID values show the real-time data?

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    In monitoring mode the charts won't appear to be updating because they are paused, that is what monitoring mode means. It means no data is being recorded, it is just being displayed in the [Data (F9)] tab page and on the gauges on dash page A.

When the software is in monitoring mode, and you view the [Data (f9)] tab page, do the PID values show the real-time data?

Regards
    Paul
    No real time data...
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The two right-hand LEDs on FlashScan's keypad indicate comms activity on the USB and CAN links. The green LED is USB and the orange LED is CAN. Are both of those LEDs flashing when you're in monitoring mode?

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast