Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No Balance Rate PIDs?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1 View Post
    How long has this been on your system?
    Updated many times since first installed?
    Try this. Back up any tunes you have which should have already be for safety if you lose a harddrive. Uninstall both pieces of software. Rename the EFIlive directory under your Documents folder. Download a fresh copy of both pieces of software and install. Verify both firmware and bootblock are up to date. Then try again to find the balance rate PIDs.

Brian
    Well, that's not a bad idea. I will givet that a try, but I have been purty good about updating the software. But, ya never know. Thanks again Brian.
    2001 Dmax/Alli 3500 LS 4x4, Banks 4" Exhaust & Big Head WasteGate, Bilsteins, VR Straps, Racor 660 Secondary (Pre-OEM) fuel filter kit
    2004 Suburban 2500 LT 6.0
    1996 Chevy Caprice LT1

3500 Dually Club - Member #187

How long has this been on your system?
    Updated many times since first installed?
    Try this. Back up any tunes you have which should have already be for safety if you lose a harddrive. Uninstall both pieces of software. Rename the EFIlive directory under your Documents folder. Download a fresh copy of both pieces of software and install. Verify both firmware and bootblock are up to date. Then try again to find the balance rate PIDs.

Brian
    Brian,
    Thanks for the idea ! I finally got around to doing this and it looks like it worked.....hurray! At least I have the PIDs available to use. Can't wait to give it a shot!

thanks again!
    2001 Dmax/Alli 3500 LS 4x4, Banks 4" Exhaust & Big Head WasteGate, Bilsteins, VR Straps, Racor 660 Secondary (Pre-OEM) fuel filter kit
    1996 Chevy Caprice LT1

Lifetime Member

Good to hear you got it resolved. The updates if not followed one after another can do odd things it seems like. But I say even if you follow them one after another something can break. Lots of versions EFIlive is using plus all the Alpha and Beta releases they work with.

Brian
    2007.5 GMT-900 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CC/LB LTZ 4x4 Summit White.
    With the LMM Duramax 365hp/660tq, MW7 Allison 1000 6-speed
    EFILive LMM DSP5 Settings, 500HP, 450HP, 400HP,Tow with Turbine Brake, and Stock HP.

UA Steamfitter, Local 136 Evansville, IN - Remember if you want to play you got to pay.

Good to hear you got it resolved. The updates if not followed one after another can do odd things it seems like. But I say even if you follow them one after another something can break. Lots of versions EFIlive is using plus all the Alpha and Beta releases they work with.

Brian
    Hey Brian, this is a bit off topic, but I just noticed you live in Evansville, IN. Wow! I lived there for 20+ years and just moved back to WV about 2 years ago. I go back to E'Ville at least once a month to check on my rental properties. Anyways, thanks again for the tip on EFI reload.
    1996 Chevy Caprice LT1

Lifetime Member

Actually I live up in Seymour, Indiana. The UA Local 36 main office is in Evansville. Never been there to many times. They have a second branch office in Bloomington so end up there more often. So ever over there let me know.

Brian
    EFILive LMM DSP5 Settings, 500HP, 450HP, 400HP,Tow with Turbine Brake, and Stock HP.

UA Steamfitter, Local 136 Evansville, IN - Remember if you want to play you got to pay.

I tried doing all mentioned before and I can only get just the balance rates for diesel in general and it still does not display the data when I start the truck. I have a lbz. I don't know what to do to get this to work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Kenny
    2006 Chevy, LBZ, 6" lift, traction bars, 20" WCC Wheels, 35" MTR tires, Straight exhaust, BD manifold, Airdog 150, BOV, EFI, triple Billet cvtr, stg 5 trans, Mag Hytec pan, diff cover, EGR blocker, pcv bypass, ported rail, 3" boost tube, Phantom II guages, carbon fiber interior, woofers, monitors, navigation, back-up camera,

I hooked up to a LB7 the other day and the Balance Rate's were all 0.0 until I drove it around the block. When I got back to the shop, they all started reading. It just made me go "humm". But I never gave it another thought because I found the affected cylinder.

The only thing it displays is N/A and says it does not support those PIDS? Will these still work even though they show they don't support the LBZ?
    2006 Chevy, LBZ, 6" lift, traction bars, 20" WCC Wheels, 35" MTR tires, Straight exhaust, BD manifold, Airdog 150, BOV, EFI, triple Billet cvtr, stg 5 trans, Mag Hytec pan, diff cover, EGR blocker, pcv bypass, ported rail, 3" boost tube, Phantom II guages, carbon fiber interior, woofers, monitors, navigation, back-up camera,

Lifetime Member

Are you using the lastest public release software and the latest firmware and boot block from those pieces of software?
    Post current version of V7.5, V8 software and firmware and bootblock.
    Just went out to check with the latest and no problems on the Scan V7.5 latest public release and directly on the Flashscan V2 itself. But I have an LMM but still uses the Bosch ECM but the E35B versus the E35A which is what the LBZ and 2006 LLY use.

Brian

Are you using the lastest public release software and the latest firmware and boot block from those pieces of software?
    Post current version of V7.5, V8 software and firmware and bootblock.
    Just went out to check with the latest and no problems on the Scan V7.5 latest public release and directly on the Flashscan V2 itself. But I have an LMM but still uses the Bosch ECM but the E35B versus the E35A which is what the LBZ and 2006 LLY use.

Brian
    Yes, i deleted all software off computer and downloaded latest version of both v7.5 and V8 software and reloaded that software to my computer as of saturday. Those are supposed to be the most recent released updates so that is why I am not understanding why I still cannot log that data correctly? I have to be missing something else but it is pretty confusing trying to figure out these hidden PID's???...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast