Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No Balance Rate PIDs?

Lifetime Member

Connect to your truck using V7.5 Scan, Info->Validate PIDs.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Connect to your truck using V7.5 Scan, Info->Validate PIDs.
    I have tried that and alot of other things too with no success? I'm banging my head now not being able to figure this out, lol. I'm going to try and get somewhere with this again this weekend hopefully with some luck... Any input is greatly appreciated.
    2006 Chevy, LBZ, 6" lift, traction bars, 20" WCC Wheels, 35" MTR tires, Straight exhaust, BD manifold, Airdog 150, BOV, EFI, triple Billet cvtr, stg 5 trans, Mag Hytec pan, diff cover, EGR blocker, pcv bypass, ported rail, 3" boost tube, Phantom II guages, carbon fiber interior, woofers, monitors, navigation, back-up camera,

Lifetime Member

OK, back to basics. What V7.5 and V8 builds are you running? (V8: Open V8 S&T, it will say the V8.2.1 build xxx; V7.5 open Tune tool, Help->About and it should say V7.5.7 build xxx). Latest as of now are V7.5.7 build 201 and V8.2.1 build 192 If you are not running these, download them from EFILive's homepage and install them.

Open V8 S&T with your V2 plugged in and click the little V2 icon near the windows clock. Update your bootblock and/or firmware if you need to, click the F6 Firmware tab and it will tell you what needs to be done. Bootblock first if it needs it. Then exit all V8 stuff, open V7.5 Scan, File->Connect, select your truck (so E35A LBZ Duramax ECM) then click Ok. Now click Info->Validate PIDs, should run through it then you can select the PIDs you want to log.

P.S. Where in Washington are you? Im in North Seattle.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

With the latest public release of both V7.5 and V8 I have can see balance rates in both the V7.5 Scan app and also in stand alone logging through the use of the V8 Scan and Tune app. What is described to perform this works fine. As to your issue it is hard even after a full delete of both apps and reinstall of the same or latest apps. I do recommend doing the following to try to eliminate any old config files that have been created in past versions and no suppose to be used in anything newer or has invalid setup no longer used by the newer version. Do the following. Delete both V7.5 and V8 software. Next goto your Documents and rename the EFILIve folder to EFILIve_Backup or what ever. Reboot your computer to clear and registry history data. Install the latest public release V7.5 and V8 software. Update the firmware and bootblock if it has not been done to match this version. If all is ok then try the V7.5 Scan app. I feel if you missed some updates and EFIlive no longer corrects for these figuring most users have been updating along the way. Also I prefer not to do the Check for Updates option. I rather do a full delete and fresh install of the latest. Seems to have less issues to me. If it works then you can copy the tunes stored in EFILIve_Backup over to the same location in EFILive under your documents folder. It is always best to keep copies of tunes in other locations at least 2 other places not related to the internal harddrive. If you have setup any V8 logging data you can open the V8 Scan and Tune app and F5 to BBx and read the config off the controller and then save it to the computer. Here are a few pics of it working on my LMM with the E35B controller showing it under the V7.5 Scan app and a screenshot of the Flashscan V2 showing the same from a stand alone black box logging setup.

This is a little more detail info but what I mentioned in post #10 up above on getting rid of the old EFILive document folder. Not sure if you done that yet.

Brian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	292 
Size:	211.8 KB 
ID:	12920   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.png 
Views:	250 
Size:	3.3 KB 
ID:	12921  
    2007.5 GMT-900 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CC/LB LTZ 4x4 Summit White.
    With the LMM Duramax 365hp/660tq, MW7 Allison 1000 6-speed
    EFILive LMM DSP5 Settings, 500HP, 450HP, 400HP,Tow with Turbine Brake, and Stock HP.

UA Steamfitter, Local 136 Evansville, IN - Remember if you want to play you got to pay.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123