Thread: Circuit or method to tell 6l80 you are in a different ratio in tranfer case?

Default Circuit or method to tell 6l80 you are in a different ratio in tranfer case?

in a non GM vehicle with a two speed transfer case (2:1 and 1:1) has anyone found a way to tell the 6l80 that it is in low range so that it modifies the VSS signal and still has the correct MPH info for shift points? I am running a 2008 corvette OS from tunefiledepot.com to allow for tap-shifting so it doesn't really "know" about a transfer case. But then again I looked at the 2011 Silverado tune file and it has different A and B shift patterns and it looks like the B shift pattern may be for low range based on the must lower shift speeds in the table but I see nothing to indicate how the trans knows to be in which pattern. I would have thought in the trucks with a two speed transfer case the gear ratio would change dynamically and update the VSS calc. but i don't see any evidence of being able to set a transfer case ratio in Say the speedo calculator screen.

So is there a way to wire up a switch to tell the transmission what shift pattern to use and what the "final drive ratio" is or is a BCM required?

Thanks for any assistance!

It looks like you add pins to the PCM tune, not the TCM (set the transfer case ratio in H0121, and the speed limiter in H0155).