Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E78 1.4 cruse vats patch?

I found a couple of refrences to the PNP needing to be jumpered on this web site. I plan on doing that after lunch, now.
    The PCM has a Trifecta manual transmission load, along with tune for bigger turbo and 60# injectors. Trifecta is working on this problem too. this is one of the first 1.4 swaps that I'm aware of.
    Enginewiring.com re-worked the harness, and he said it's the first standalone installation he's seen. That's why I jumped on the "TRIKE" in this thread.
    I don't know ow the VAT is bypassed, but probably soomething similar to what you all use.
    I appreciate any help you can give. If that means pointing me toward someone in Iowa that is on this list, that's fine by me.
    Del

Crap, it's not the PNP switch.
    Del

The first trike (two up front one wheel in rear) was a stand alone, but still used the automatic. There was many challanges to get the car to wind up, and then wind up with out limiting the boost. Many things had to be fooled, I will look back at my notes, it was mad at even the electric power steering missing. The second and the third trike was less a stand alone, most of the modules were used off the car with greater sucess. All three now are working, the first one is on a hacked up frame (many different powerplants in the same bike) so not much more has been done with that one.

Lifetime Member

Are you in the Seattle area sprinto7? I ask because I believe Vince at Trifecta is from here. If you are and want someone with EFILive to come check it out, let me know where you're located and we might be able to meet up.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MattS View Post
    The first trike (two up front one wheel in rear) was a stand alone, but still used the automatic. There was many challanges to get the car to wind up, and then wind up with out limiting the boost. Many things had to be fooled, I will look back at my notes, it was mad at even the electric power steering missing. The second and the third trike was less a stand alone, most of the modules were used off the car with greater sucess. All three now are working, the first one is on a hacked up frame (many different powerplants in the same bike) so not much more has been done with that one.
    We were hoping eliminating the auto TCM and canbus would simplify thing. Vince was very sucessfull in getting the 2009 LNF setup to work stand alone, but that was a compeletely differant PCM.
    MattS, if you find anything in your note please let me know. We can go off line if that is better. dglong@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Are you in the Seattle area sprinto7? I ask because I believe Vince at Trifecta is from here. If you are and want someone with EFILive to come check it out, let me know where you're located and we might be able to meet up.
    Erik, I'm in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Vince is from your area. Vince has quite helpfull in other projects and I think he'll get this sorted out too, but the more information we can gather the easier it will be.
    The problem could still be the lack of, or improper VSS. I will be adding a real clutch pedal, and brake sensor, along with a solidsate VSS simulator from Enginewiring.com.
    Thanks for your help.
    Del

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by sprinto7 View Post
    We were hoping eliminating the auto TCM and canbus would simplify thing. Vince was very sucessfull in getting the 2009 LNF setup to work stand alone, but that was a compeletely differant PCM.
    MattS, if you find anything in your note please let me know. We can go off line if that is better. dglong@aol.com
    So this is an ECM from an auto that is limiting at 5900?

The ECM (and wiring harness) is from automatic vehicle. the ECM is re-loaded with code for a manual trans, as well as much larger injectors (60#) and GT2854R turbo. The plan is to run E85, but we're trying to get it running on 93 first.
    The transmission is a TCI, circle track, clutchless, manual shift powerglide (which was another fight, but we seem to have that under control). The package works very well, it just won't rev past 5900. Sometimes the logs show 6200, but that may be over run. It has been suggested on anothe list that the manual transmission has a reduced rev limit in 1st. I'm researching that now.
    Vince says all the rev limits are set to 7000, PNP, 1,2,3,4,5,6. I'm still not sure about our VSS input. There is still no indication from the OBD port that we have one. I have a solid state VSS generator coming from Enginewiring.com, hopefully by eekend. That should be weekend, but eekend works too.
    Del
    Last edited by sprinto7; May 9th, 2012 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinto7 View Post
    Vince has quite helpfull in other projects and I think he'll get this sorted out too, but the more information we can gather the easier it will be
    Del, we've heard of things being said about EFILive from Vince's company that are not very nice, given that you are on the EFILive forum posting about problems with a Trifecta tune, it's very tempting to close this thread down, but I won't because I am sure our customers who actually use EFILive for tuning E78's will appreciate the discussion.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Del, we've heard of things being said about EFILive from Vince's company that are not very nice, given that you are on the EFILive forum posting about problems with a Trifecta tune, it's very tempting to close this thread down, but I won't because I am sure our customers who actually use EFILive for tuning E78's will appreciate the discussion.
    I certainly understand the situation here, and I appreciate the tolerance of an intruder.
    I was not aware of any prior conflict, and I meant no harm.
    Vince did het the problem solved. I don't kniw what the fix was, but if he shares it with me, and it's oK with him I'll share with all of you. It got fixed after he pull the plug off his Sonics VSS, so it has something to do with making if run without the VSS.
    Again. Thanks for not banning me.
    Del Long

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12