Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have question about installing new update it changed my tune

Default Have question about installing new update it changed my tune

I was wondering why when I uninstalled the prior version of Efilive 7 to the new updated version it changed my saved files back to orignal? I copied my tune as a backup file and put it into a seperate folder and went in to look at it and the MIL detection was active again. I turned these codes p0140 and p0160 to no MIL and not reported and it took that change. Installed the update and they are now active. My question is every time there is a update do I need to go back and make sure it do not change things in the tune file? It did not change anything else other than the MIL settings in Flashscan.

This is a great piece of software and very easy to use.

strange - did the file dates change. Is it possible you accidentally overwrote them (did you use the same filename twice?)

Always a good idea when upgrading and changing things to make multiple backups, and in general, don't upgrade while "doing anything". If you are in the middle of a tuning session, keep the amount of variables to a minimum!

MRK

File dates did not change. I made several back up copies of my file just to make sure nothing went wrong. I had the car tuned on a dyno then changed my y-pipe that does not have rear 02 sensors so I had a problem with the p0140 and po160 codes so that is all that has been changed. I just wanted to stay current with the newest version of EFILive. I just went into the file to look at it and noticed it was changed. The rest of the tune did not change?
    It just seems to have reset the MIL functions of the tune?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

During the uninstall/reinstall process, only the files that were originally installed by EFILive will be overwritten. (except for calc_pids.txt - that will not be overwritten).

Any file that you save such as:
    - log files
    - export files
    - tune files
    etc
    will not be touched by the reinstall process.

If you saved your tune file with the same name as one of the *.tun files that shipped with EFILive, then you may be in trouble - as they will be overwritten.
    i.e.
    2000_Camaro_Auto.tun
    2000_Truck.tun
    2001_Chev_Tahoe.tun
    2001_Corvette_Man.tun
    2003_VY_SS_Auto.tun

Regards
    Paul

This tune was orignally done with LS1edit last year. I had flashscan read the tune and saved it as this file name "Norris Tune rear 02 delete" I made a few backup copies and checked them and it did the same thing. The only thing that changed was the MIL settings. Maybe I am doing something wrong I don't know. :?

Paul...could it be possible that the program is now interpreting those setting backwards now....If the file truely was backed up in several places and all of them exhibit this symptom, then it seems that the only way this could happen is if the program itself changed????

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by warpster
    Paul...could it be possible that the program is now interpreting those setting backwards now....If the file truely was backed up in several places and all of them exhibit this symptom, then it seems that the only way this could happen is if the program itself changed????

Doug
    It would be a reasonable explanation of the symptoms.
    I do not believe any design changes were made to the way DTC codes are interpreted. However, that is no guarantee that something has not been changed accidentally.

02pewterls1,
    Can you please send me your *.tun file (paul@eflive.com) and I will check yuor file with an old and a new version of EFILive.

Regards
    Paul

Thanks for the help on this guys. Paul I will get this file out to you in a email as you requested.

I checked your *.tun file file and there is an interpretation change between versions. We are investigating this issue as our highest priority.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    I checked your *.tun file file and there is an interpretation change between versions. We are investigating this issue as our highest priority.

Paul
    Thanks Paul for finding this out because it was making me think I was going crazy. :?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast