Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IDLE issue revisited

Just FYI, turns out my problem was that I had inadvertantly lowered the pulsewidth of the pilot injection table. Therefore, I was subsequently retarding the timing at idle, causing an increasing in main fueling to keep up, and due to very little pilot fueling, the thing was rattling like an old 12V Cummins.

Now I have realized that under full throttle, I cannot maintain 100 mm3 in either my LLY or LB7 tunes. Therefore, I am not getting the max fueling and timing that I was looking for. It seems to go up to about 93 mm3 then settle in around 88 mm3. Thought I had bumped all of the limiters out of the way. Back to the drawing board.

i don't have too much experience tuning LLYs but it seems to me that as a work around one could use [B0940 idle timing RPM disable] turned down to below the [B0701 Desired idle speed], like below 600 RPM, so that it uses [B0910 Injection Timing Base] for its idle timing.

for my LB7 tuning i have had good luck correcting idle lope after turning up the MM3s, with the [B0755/B0756 Idle mode fuel quantity]. just pull out a small % until the lope goes away.

but like i stated before my experience is in LB7s, and the LLYs have some tables that are different so not sure if it would work

Thanks Jason

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12