Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desired airflow COS3

Default Desired airflow COS3

How Do you nail down Desired airflow with with COS3 running SD semi closed loop?

Do a cold start RAFIG - Required AirFlow In Gear.

You will need to log these PIDS (at least):-

Absolute Throttle Position,
    Engine Coolant Temperature,
    Engine RPM,
    Idle Airflow Correction AC Off, In gear - either in Neutral for Manual, or in D for Auto transmission,
    Ignition timing advance cylinder #1.

Start your logger (open the RAFIG pre-configured table), then run the car on idle, up to operating temperature. The RAFIG will indicate the difference between your current idle airflow and what it determines the engine requires. Then, you add / subtract the log table into the tune table.

I know I've explained it poorly (sorry), but if you do a search around, you'll find a good guide.

cheers
    HSV Senator 300 - the Classy C4B...

C4B - ETP215s 62cc, Comp 215/223 .601/.609 @111+3, Manley 8.050" 5/16" P/R, Morel Link-bar lifters, Powerbond 25% UDP, 36lb injectors, SLP pump, Rollmaster chain, OTRCAI, T-56 - RipShift, HydraTrak 3.91:1, DiFilippo 1.75" 4-1s, twin 3" st/st cat-back, 3" metal substrate hi-flow cats. AP-Racing 6/4-pots. EFIlive COS3 SD tune.

308rwkW(413rwhp)

From there keep in mind on some applications it doesn't give the desired results. I did a car recently with a large cam that I did a RAFIG on but would hang at 1500rpm with zero extra airflow from follower or cracker applied in a non idle condition. To fix it I had to massage the desired air table down. I think why it does it is because at idle the cam is very inefficient but off idle it comes on a bit and that extra base air just keeps it hanging.

The issue I am having is the vehicle dies trying to find an idle after a either a quick gas to break condition or a reverse to drive condition. Im not sure desired airflow is what I need either. Ive added some and removed some.. really doesnt do much. Either way I thought the rafig process used short term fuel trims and long term fuel trims. I thought running semi closed loop I no longer had the short term trims?

Running semi-closed loop SD, you WILL have STFT, if you set EQ1.0 / Lambda1.0 / stoichiometric (for the fuel you are using) in B3647 - as setting the commanded AFR to those respective values will have the STFT's trying to get the fuelling to stoichiometric - well, that is my take on it.

Why don't you try a commanded AFR of EQ1.005, or similar, to command something that won't get the STFT occurring?

Also, what car / mods are you trying to get running - knowledge of that would assist.

It may also be throttle cracker / throttle follower, etc that require adjustment.

cheers.
    HSV Senator 300 - the Classy C4B...

C4B - ETP215s 62cc, Comp 215/223 .601/.609 @111+3, Manley 8.050" 5/16" P/R, Morel Link-bar lifters, Powerbond 25% UDP, 36lb injectors, SLP pump, Rollmaster chain, OTRCAI, T-56 - RipShift, HydraTrak 3.91:1, DiFilippo 1.75" 4-1s, twin 3" st/st cat-back, 3" metal substrate hi-flow cats. AP-Racing 6/4-pots. EFIlive COS3 SD tune.

308rwkW(413rwhp)

Quote Originally Posted by Janke View Post
    The issue I am having is the vehicle dies trying to find an idle after a either a quick gas to break condition or a reverse to drive condition. Im not sure desired airflow is what I need either. Ive added some and removed some.. really doesnt do much. Either way I thought the rafig process used short term fuel trims and long term fuel trims. I thought running semi closed loop I no longer had the short term trims?
    RAFIG has nothing to do with fuel. STIT LTIT. short/long term idle trims. It's all air

stupid abbreviations! Once I nail that down what would be the next thing to look for? Throttle cracker and follower had no effect on it either. Honestly could it be fuel related? I am trying to control rather large injectors 80#ers

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....ul-Info-Inside

Thought I saw a tutorial or sticky on big injectors too somewhere?
    '02 S10 Xtreme 4.3 Syclone power; AWD, 4L60E; 411 PCM: Walbro 255; 160F thermo: Front coil overs, 4" static drop;

When I scale the injectors with the spreadsheet I found here It does not match the data that was sent with the injectors themselves. Anyone have data for the bosch ev14 850cc injectors?

Quote Originally Posted by Janke View Post
    When I scale the injectors with the spreadsheet I found here It does not match the data that was sent with the injectors themselves. Anyone have data for the bosch ev14 850cc injectors?
    I would stick with the info that came with the injectors. Are the injectors new, or are they used and have been sent for flow testing?
    '02 S10 Xtreme 4.3 Syclone power; AWD, 4L60E; 411 PCM: Walbro 255; 160F thermo: Front coil overs, 4" static drop;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast