Thread: Noteworthy

Default Noteworthy

It is noteworthy to all who aspire to use a LC-1 with EFI Live; after you consult both Innovate and EFI's tutorials-which are top notch-no flames here-That if you follow these instructions (with the LC-1's green and white grounds hooked up to your Flashscan) you must have the Flashscan hooked up to the cable and vehicle. If not, the sensor will not calibrate-trust me.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    It is noteworthy to all who aspire to use a LC-1 with EFI Live; after you consult both Innovate and EFI's tutorials-which are top notch-no flames here-That if you follow these instructions (with the LC-1's green and white grounds hooked up to your Flashscan) you must have the Flashscan hooked up to the cable and vehicle. If not, the sensor will not calibrate-trust me.
    Good point - thanks for noting it.
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I just re read what I posted and what I was trying to say was I was going on the logic that I wanted to get the LC-1 calibrated before I introduced the Flash Scan. Having never attempted this before I just wanted to isolate things. Funny, at work this week I was updating a piece of equipment that was made in the nineties- the company no longer made the power supplies or display units so I had to improvise with off the shelf aftermarket parts. Well, I had to overcome huge grounding issues- I just threw everything in at once and had to take it all out and isolate. That is where I was coming from.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    I have ran into this also, I was thinking about running the green and white grounds to a ground point then run a single wire to the flashscan so that I can take the flashscan out of my car. Also if you have not noticed it gets its ground from the ADL connector... I’m not sure the ground point for that connection but I don’t see why it would cause problems if it was grounded before it enters the flashscan itself.

I have found that grounding can be a hot issue no matter who is talking about it. A ground is a ground right? I know this is not a house but NEC says all grounds should be connected to one central point but with this being the world of DC that might not apply.

In fact I think this may have been the cause to my 1st sensor dieing, because I was not aware these two grounds are so important to the lc-1, I left my ADL connector disconnected for a few days.