Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Not getting maximum duration?

Did you just get a flash done?
    06 QCLB, DRW
    Single pump
    Single turbo
    EFILive 772hp 1398tq

gordon@innovativediesel.com

I had our mobile guy reflash it by erasing the ECM and building a new stock Dodge tune based on VIN from the Mopar site.
    EFI Live - The Smarter way to tune!
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4

Oh, good. Trucks running better huh? I know mine was, like you said I was kinda amazed how well it was running just with the fresh flash from the dealer.
    06 QCLB, DRW
    Single pump
    Single turbo
    EFILive 772hp 1398tq

Brought mine in for a fresh flash yesterday and they about crapped a kitten.

I didnt tell them anything, just told them I wanted a fresh flash put on it.

About the time the hood went up, all work in the place stopped. I was in the waiting area and all I hear is, "two turbos.....nitrous......all kinds of stuff".....I had to laugh.

Service manager seemed a little concerned because there was a CEL. Yeah, that'll be okay, I'll get that.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

Not exactly their normal clientelle eh Rich?!

Is this something that we all should be doing or wait for Ross to fix it in the next update?
    06 CC DRW, DTT, EFI Live.

473HP

I'm slightly nervous to put another flash in with EFI. Have any of y'all who flashed after the dealer flashed had any issues?
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4

If you don't have a tune that wasn't molested before you started playing with EFILive, it wouldn't be an entirely bad idea.

I wanted to make sure I didn't have any ghosts left in the machine, so I said screw it, I'll have them flash it and as soon as they pulled it out, I read the tune and then put my normal tune back on. I'll go back and re-build my tune with the completely clean file.

You don't HAVE to do his though. Ross and Paul have a fix in the works that will restore the jacked up leftovers from some of the box tuners.

So, don't panic, its not sharks in the water or anything, I did it because I also want to make sure that when I send someone else a tune, it's clean. I don't want issues with leftovers.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCummins View Post
    I'm slightly nervous to put another flash in with EFI. Have any of y'all who flashed after the dealer flashed had any issues?
    You're fine.

The instant mine rolled out of their bays, I read the new flash and put mine on.

The error isn't with EFILive. What you're seeing are the leftovers from some of the box tuners jacked up return to stock sequences that incorrectly calculate or disable the checksums all together.

This is what they've had to work around.

You're fine. Just take your new flash and build your tune on that and you'll be golden.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

That's what I did, right after Rick finished flashing my truck I read and saved the file. I just don't see what caused the tune I made in EFI to have issues with itself. It's a night and day difference between how my two stock files perform - one I got from the dealer a while back which didn't feel very different, and the one from today which feels like it's more powerful than stock. My truck has never run this good since I bought it!
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCummins View Post
    I was a little apprehensive too but I did it and all is good.

Quote Originally Posted by DoghouseDiesel View Post
    If you don't have a tune that wasn't molested before you started playing with EFILive, it wouldn't be an entirely bad idea.

I wanted to make sure I didn't have any ghosts left in the machine, so I said screw it, I'll have them flash it and as soon as they pulled it out, I read the tune and then put my normal tune back on. I'll go back and re-build my tune with the completely clean file.

You don't HAVE to do his though. Ross and Paul have a fix in the works that will restore the jacked up leftovers from some of the box tuners.

So, don't panic, its not sharks in the water or anything, I did it because I also want to make sure that when I send someone else a tune, it's clean. I don't want issues with leftovers.
    I did exactly as you Rich, went home read the stock file, and built pretty much the same tune that I had in it before.
    06 QCLB, DRW
    Single pump
    Single turbo
    EFILive 772hp 1398tq

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast