Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Release Candidate 7, Dec 22, 2011

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Motorzane View Post
    If I click on the "save" button it on a tune (even with no changes) and then try to reopen it it tells me it is not a valid EFILive file. If I click on the "save as" button and add another character to the file name, it opens just fine.
    When you say "I click on the save button" do you mean in the V7 or V8 software? In the V7 software you should not be able to click on the save button until you have changed something.
    Or did you mean you clicked on the "save as..." button?

I'm trying really hard to reproduce this problem but I cannot make it fail the way it is described in the various posts in this thread. If you could provide as detailed as possible, all the steps, no matter how trivial that you went through then may be I can follow precisely what you did to make the same problem happen here.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    When you say "I click on the save button" do you mean in the V7 or V8 software? In the V7 software you should not be able to click on the save button until you have changed something.
    Or did you mean you clicked on the "save as..." button?

I'm trying really hard to reproduce this problem but I cannot make it fail the way it is described in the various posts in this thread. If you could provide as detailed as possible, all the steps, no matter how trivial that you went through then may be I can follow precisely what you did to make the same problem happen here.

Regards
    Paul

I can not duplicate it again. I can send you the file that has the issue and and the tune that I saved it from. The new file has the V7 logo next to it now instead of the V8 logo. My bad file has the V8 logo, but I can open the one wth the V7 logo next to it. I can open all the other files with the V8 logo next to them. and your right about not being able to save an unmodified tune. All I did was changd the fuel level sensor and disabled the grid heater function and then tried to flash it into the truck with the V8 software. It told me the checksum was disabled. I closed everything then opened V7.5 to see what the checksum was about. I went to open the file and thats when it told me that the file was an invalid EFILive file. Then I looked at the rest of my tunes and thats when I found Out that all my tunes for my truck have the checksum's are disabled. (I guess my Smarty did not return the truck all the way back to stock). I then made the changes again and clicked the "save as" button, Added a couple of symbles to the name and then flashed that tune into the truck. Now I get a P0602 code that I was not getting before the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    What was the file extension of the file that you loaded into the V7 software? Can you send me that exact file, i.e. the file that you first loaded before attempting to (re)save it?

Regards
    Paul
    it was the "workinprogress35" file i sent you. that was the first one loaded with the new software. if i can get u anything else, let me know. those were the 2 files/tunes that gave me the issue. sorry if im not giving you want you need to help. me and computers are not the best of friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorzane View Post
    If I click on the "save" button it on a tune (even with no changes) and then try to reopen it it tells me it is not a valid EFILive file. If I click on the "save as" button and add another character to the file name, it opens just fine.
    this is the same thing mine was saying. are you sayin that if u go to file/save as/ and add a character to the file you couldn't previously open, it will open the file? with the old software re loaded, it gave a bigger discription sayin something along the lines of there were changes made that efilive does not recognize and i can try and open and resave. then asks if you want to proceed. when i click yes, it then says the same as the new software with not a valid EFILive.

It's only done it to me that one time. I've made other changes to other tunes and click just the "save" button. But I have not tried to load those tunes into the truck after I modified them. I was afraid to thinking I was going to loose another tune. (I did make copies of all my tunes onto a thumb drive before I uninstalled the software to install the new software). The only thing I didn't do was try to install the recently modified tune into the truck after saving it. I'm going to wait until I get to work on Tuesday to flash a factory tune from Tech Authority to get rid of this checksum error.

Has anybody clicked the updated checksum yet? There is a very scary warning that pops up when you do. I am not looking forward of the factory programing changing my OS.

i tried a stock file/tune i had. i disabled the check sum, made a small change and saved it. worked fine. i'd just like to have the 2 files accessable again. im sure you can understand i got alot of time into them. just another bit of info that i don't know if it'll help or not. the last 5 files/tunes i have revised and 3 stock files i have all have the check sum enabled on the calibration page. i think my issue is my file/tune was a "returned to stock" file from my previous smarty. don't know if i misunderstood earlier in the thread, but i thought that the "stock" files/tunes would not have the check sum issue disabled and the "returned to stock" files would have the check sum enabled. sorry, just trying to understand all this.

[QUOTE=Motorzane;161076]It's only done it to me that one time. I've made other changes to other tunes and click just the "save" button. But I have not tried to load those tunes into the truck after I modified them. I was afraid to thinking I was going to loose another tune. (I did make copies of all my tunes onto a thumb drive before I uninstalled the software to install the new software). The only thing I didn't do was try to install the recently modified tune into the truck after saving it. I'm going to wait until I get to work on Tuesday to flash a factory tune from Tech Authority to get rid of this checksum error.

Has anybody clicked the updated checksum yet? There is a very scary warning that pops up when you do. I am not looking forward of the factory programing changing my OS.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I'm concerened with this also.

I tried to change the tune today and it must have thrown the P0602 code along the lines from me shutting it off and trying changing the tune and I didnt realize it. I got about 2 1/2 minutes into changing the tune and it locked up on me, I ended up tring to reload the tune 3 times with the same results. I then went in and cleared any codes and then reloaded the tune and it did take it.
    So I would like to get this checksum deal straightened out.
    I didnt have this problem before I went to the new software and now I cant drive my truck around the corner without throwing the P0602 code.
    06 QCLB, DRW
    Single pump
    Single turbo
    EFILive 772hp 1398tq

gordon@innovativediesel.com

i have disabled it. that was the only way i could get a file/tune to save without having it become an "in-valid- EFILive file". when you disable it, the yellow warning triangle on the calibration page next to calibration verification turns into a green check mark. when you open it with the old software (which i have loaded back up) the calibration verification is already checked with the green checkmark

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olboyowl View Post
    i'd just like to have the 2 files accessable again. im sure you can understand i got alot of time into them.
    The only "problem" with those files is that EFILive saved them with *.ctd extension when they were actually *.tun files. So if you just rename them back to *.tun you will be able to use them.

What I'm trying to figure out is why they were saved with *.ctd extension in the file name but inside the file they were saved in the *.tun format.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

ok, i'll try it. thanks paul. hope u didnt take it as me bitchin about the software. i live this shit! i cant tell u how many hours i have into learning/tuning with EFILive. there is nothing like it by far. i know there will be some hang ups with new releases and such. all part of the learning experience. and obviously, the customer service...awsome. nuff said. keep up the good work and hopefully we can help u guys get some of these issues squashed.

when i go to rename the files, it wont let me save them as a *.tun files. i did rename 2 files and save them as *.tun files, but i could still get into those files. i cant open/save file as the one i need to rename. i am trying this with the new software re loaded. still tryin...

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast