Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Release Candidate 7, Dec 22, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
    olboyolw, did it work for you?
    yes and no. thanks to andrew, i got the file thats been giving me headaches to open and resave/rename it. on the other hand, its limiting pulse and giving me the P0602 cel. i have the old software back up and i'll be heading to the dealer next week. thanks again for the help and will keep yall posted.

Quote Originally Posted by 06redram View Post
    I found the patch and installed works great
    Where did you find the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Duramax 6.6L View Post
    Where did you find the patch?
    In my old download saved file

Default Here is the the patch for the Tune Tool (Build 180)

CMB_v7p07-09-Sep-2011.zip

This patch is for disable and enable main injector pulse limiter, Brake Torque Management option and other limiter. I am posting this for those who lost those limiters by reinstalling Build 180

Moderator Edit:
    We do not recommend downloading and using this zip.
    Last edited by GMPX; December 31st, 2011 at 11:30 AM.

Lifetime Member

LMM BBL broken at least for me, no pids will validate. I thought the pid unsupported error was a thing of the past but anyways every pid is unsupported for me. I've tried everything from reloading everything including bootblock/firmware/config files through efi explorer also since it wouldn't work on the V8 software either.
    Last edited by rcr1978; December 30th, 2011 at 07:17 PM.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Quote Originally Posted by olboyowl View Post
    yes and no. thanks to andrew, i got the file thats been giving me headaches to open and resave/rename it. on the other hand, its limiting pulse and giving me the P0602 cel. i have the old software back up and i'll be heading to the dealer next week. thanks again for the help and will keep yall posted.
    Well, I'm glad I could at least alleviate some headaches. If you do have and read the dealer flash with the current official release version (old one or NOT the RC7) as .ctd file, make sure to save a duplicate version as a .ctz file and work from there. Maybe you could ask if there's any reason why you couldn't go ahead and save it with RC7? But I can see where you're coming from wanting to read it with the official release version too.
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Lifetime Member

Tried going back to the previous public release hoping it would work but I can't go back to the old boot block or firmware so no luck for BBL still on my V2 scanning is working on pass through though. Anybody else having problems or just me? I don't have any other vehicles to test it on at the moment.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

If you guys use the .calz files 06redram posted you will be missing the 20 degree timing offset which will mess up the Timing Calculator, new tables will not be shown, I would not recommend doing this.

I have to say this, using the new .calz files on a factory tune will disable the BTM and P0602 will not set. The problem I think we are still running in to is the left overs from some of the handhelds out there. We now all know they don't return to true stock (as in, put the ECM back exactly as it was). One in particular must not have been able to figure out how to calculate the checksums so they 'patched' the checksum routine in the ECM so it always passed if the checksum was a value of 0. The issue EFILive is having is we are doing it by the book, when we are making changes we correctly update the checksums, this unfortunately on those botched handheld OS's is setting the P0602, even though the customer has chosen to 'return to stock'.

Annoying as it is because it's going to be a lot of work, we might have to look in to a 'restore checksum' patch to get around this problem. EFILive is designed to work with factory programs, and it does that fine, reality is we are going to have to pick up the pieces of others that have messed everything up. So those with botched checksum routines can be restored to normal without needing a dealer reflash.

The Main pulse limiter is in a different category, that isn't missing in the latest release .calz files.
    Last edited by GMPX; December 31st, 2011 at 11:31 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Is there any way to cure the P0633 SKIM code? If I use a tune that shows checksum disabled, then I get a P0602 code and MIL. That's probably hand-held tuner remnants and not EFI. If I use a tune I built from a stock factory tune (checksum NOT disabled) I get the P0633 SKIM code, but no MIL. I'm not sure why. The VIN is correct and the truck runs. I didn't have either of these issues until the latest update with the trans tuning. Prior to this update I had no codes and no problems.
    Anyway, is there any way to get rid of the P0633 while using the latest software?

Also, I appreciate you considering a checksum work-around... it's great you all are willing to work to correct a problem you didn't create. It makes me glad I paid for EFI.

Thanks,

Mike Q.

Mike, If I recall, the P0633 DTC will set if the VATS is disabled {E6510} and a VIN has been programmed, check that as a first step. If that is fine then please let us know and we can look further.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast