Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Release Candidate 7, Dec 22, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by olboyowl View Post
    got it all downloaded but when i go to flash with the v8, it dosnt show any of my files under "my documents". also, it says the checksum is disabled under the calibration verification. there is the option to update checksum, but the warnings sound like its not a good idea. any input is appreciated.
    Denny, look where it says file types. The new format that it's looking for is .ctz.

Just set it to look for the older file types and you'll be all set.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

got it all downloaded but when i go to flash with the v8, it dosnt show any of my files under "my documents". also, it says the checksum is disabled under the calibration verification. there is the option to update checksum, but the warnings sound like its not a good idea. any input is appreciated.
    Just to further clarify the "WARNING: Checksum is disabled!" message means.

Some hand held tuners did not or could not update the checksums correctly when they made changes to the ECM. To compensate for that they disabled the checksums in the ECM by "damaging" the checksum calculation routines. When EFILive re-flashes the ECM and when the hand held tuners supposedly "return to stock" the area of memory where the checksum routines are located does not get updated. That means once the checksum routines have been damaged the checksum in the tune file must be left disabled otherwise you will set the MIL.

If you did click on the [Update Checksums] button in EFILive to correct the checksum and flashed the corrected file back into the truck or if you simply flashed stock tune that had its checksums enabled back into an ECM that had been "returned to stock" you would set the MIL.
    For Cummins tunes, when the checksum is not disabled (i.e. for a stock tune) the button changes to [Disable Checksums] to allow you to disable the checksum so that it can be flashed into an ECM that expects tunes with disabled checksums - i.e. ECMs that have previously been hand held tuned and returned to stock.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

The tutorials open correctly from the tune tool, but in the scan tool, when I select scan tool tutorial the first time, I get "Bench Harness pin out." After that, any tutorial that is selected opens the "Installing an EFILive Custom Operating System & Using the 2/3 bar features of EFILive V7" tutorial.

I wanted to see if there was something I didn't remember about PIDs or PID groups...

When I open the scan tool I can't select any PID group at all. I have the controller set to CMB and list to "all." If I open an existing PID file it works, but I can't do anything else. It must be something in the new download. I haven't had any problems with the previous version. I'm going to uninstall then reinstall the new version.

thanks rich and paul, that took care of the files showing up. my other problem i just ran into is when i make changes to my latest files, save and go to re open the file, it will not allow me to. they are still in my documents but the tune tool says the file being opened is not a valid efilive file. does this have to do with the checksum? these are off a stock file. just to verify, i made a copy of one of the stock, untouched files i had, made a small change and saved. same thing. invalid file. is there a way to restore these files? i uninstalled the new version, reinstalled the old version and it would not let me open the files either. i've got the new version installed now. thanks for any help.
    Last edited by olboyowl; December 22nd, 2011 at 09:30 AM.

thanks rich and paul, that took care of the files showing up. my other problem i just ran into is when i make changes to my latest files, save and go to re open the file, it will not allow me to. they are still in my documents but the tune tool says the file being opened is not a valid efilive file. does this have to do with the checksum? these are off a stock file. just to verify, i made a copy of one of the stock, untouched files i had, made a small change and saved. same thing. invalid file. is there a way to restore these files? i uninstalled the new version, reinstalled the old version and it would not let me open the files either. i've got the new version installed now. thanks for any help.
    Can you please send me two copies of the file?
    One of before you modified it that can be opened and one after you modified and saved it that can't be opened.
    Send to paul@efilive.com

Thanks
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by MQ105 View Post
    The tutorials open correctly from the tune tool, but in the scan tool, when I select scan tool tutorial the first time, I get "Bench Harness pin out." After that, any tutorial that is selected opens the "Installing an EFILive Custom Operating System & Using the 2/3 bar features of EFILive V7" tutorial.

I wanted to see if there was something I didn't remember about PIDs or PID groups...

When I open the scan tool I can't select any PID group at all. I have the controller set to CMB and list to "all." If I open an existing PID file it works, but I can't do anything else. It must be something in the new download. I haven't had any problems with the previous version. I'm going to uninstall then reinstall the new version.
    I'm not sure what is happening with the tutorials showing up wrong - it works fine here. If you can provide any more information about the problem it would help.

Have you got the "Supported" check box checked? If so the Cummins PIDs (which may be flagged as unsupported until you connect to a vehicle and validate them) will probably not be visible and that will stop the group selections from happening.
    So try unchecking the "Supported" checkbox. And when you do eventually hook up to your truck, run the "Validate PIDs" option to take a copy of the valid PIDs so next time the PIDs will show up as supported even when you are not connected.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by MQ105 View Post
    Ok, I can reproduce the problem here now.
    Its on the list to be fixed..
    Regards
    Paul

i cant even open it now but i'll gladly send u the file itself. thanks for your help. email on its way in a few

good deal. still want the file?

Dumb question...by uninstalling the current software...will I loose all my saved dashes and pid lists that I have self defined??

If so, how can i save them and get them onto the new software??
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast