Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 48RE Parameters

Quote Originally Posted by DoghouseDiesel View Post
    Okay, I will say this with the trans tuning....

GO SLOW!

Small changes can make HUGE impacts, especially with the governor pressure.

Also, remember, most of the parameters are based off of output shaft speed and throttle percentage, so knowing the output shaft speed you're playing with is important.

I attached a very basic calculator to use for output shaft speed. It's not dead on perfect, but it gets you close. All you need to enter is RPM, gear ratio and tire size and it will calculate the shaft speed, etimated vehcicle speed and tire rev's per mile.

Rich's calculator is what i used to get my trans working to my liking!!!
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

nice

Nice calculator rich, thats going to be a real help for us.

I know I can lock my tc in any forward gear with my current DTT trans and a lockup switch, is this any different than that? What I mean is, if it will lock up in 2nd with my switch, will I be able to get it to do the same through the table for 2nd gear tc lockup?

I would like to make a nicer tow haul tune for the trans while towing in my area where speeds are often slower on hills and it would be nice to be able to just have the tow haul on rather than pull the shifter into 2nd and hit the lockup switch.

Thanks for any help!
    06 CC DRW, DTT, EFI Live.

473HP

Also I noticed after some studying that I can only control lock and unlock points, do these then force the tc to lock, or are they just the basic perameters that need to be met and then the ecm decides when it wants to actually lock up?

The reason that I ask is that looking at the charts my tc should already be locking in 2nd on its own but it wont unless I put the shifter in 2nd manually.

473HP

Anyone know this?

473HP

With a stock VB, the fluid flow path to lock the TC in 2nd while the selector is in "D" does not exist.

In manual "2" it does, but not in "D".

Without an aftermarket VB, you won't lock in 2nd while it's in "D".

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

So what exactly does the kickdown % effect? Just the 3-2 and 2-1 shifting? I thought those were more controlled by the ttva?

I have a 2006 5.9 auto megacab. been using 35325853ak. governor vs speed doesn't work. if I make changes in the "normal" table that changes when in low range. have changed all other gov pressure tables (to extremes like 500kpa at 500rpm to 10 kpa) (no change) trying to find which table will change gov pressure when in "normal state. obviously a flaw in software (unfortunately not first one I found). yes I have actual pressure gauges hooked to trans and watching desired pressure. they are always within a couple psi. would be nice to have access to other tables for governor pressure vs tps.i have no idea why there is one there but I get different desired gov pressure with different tps positions. must have been something dodge did to reduce downshifting but causes many other issues. this truck has always had this since new. that is what causes all the shuttle shifting everyone complains about. yes I know I could block the tv plug in valve body but that causes more side effects. going to try a 2007 file and see if that's better.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123