Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ready to buy: Hold out for v2

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

When V2 is released V3 will be "in the works" (then V4 and so on), so one could keep waiting for ever for the next best thing. If you need to tune your vehicle now, jump in and get it.

It's like buying a computer, new models are released every other week, you have to jump in at some stage. I spent about 4 years "waiting" for the next big thing. Each time I was ready to buy, a newer better model was announced, so I'd wait. Eventually I had to just buy what was available. I'd say I've "upgraded" computers at least 10 times in the last 5 years. No shop has ever cut me an upgrade deal on a new model - let alone given me a free one because a new model was about to be released.

While we'd love to do that sort of a deal, we'd go out of business pretty fast and that would be worse, because then there would be no more updates, ever.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Yeah, I know this is a tough call and I can certainly see your point. I'm getting headers installed on my Z06 this week and I am going to see how the car runs and whether or not I can wait for V2 to be released. I guess it depends if I get codes thrown or not. If not, then there is no rush and I figure it will be running "good enough" for now. Heck, I'm a complete newbie at this, so the longer I wait, the better off I will be when I actually put my hands on the controls.....

But I'm planning on baby steps to start off, for sure.

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06
    427 RHS block built by LME
    STS rear mounted twin turbos
    It nearly died on the operating table, but I'm bringing her back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12