Thread: Convert mm3/stroke to mm3/second

Default Convert mm3/stroke to mm3/second

Is there a formula/method to convert mm3/stroke to mm3/second? More specifically I am trying to understand the relationship between tables B1001 and B1010.

Thanks in advance.

B1001 is simply your desired rail pressure you want teh CP3 to try and hold. it then uses actual rail pressure to figure pulsewidth. As for B1010, that is a tough one to figure out. There is no real way to figure it out dead on as that flow data also must account for returned fuel to the tank, not just fuel that teh injectors flow into the cylinder. The common rail injector works as a differential valve. It opens a small bypass port which causes a pressure drop at the seat which opens the plunger. When teh small bypass valve is closed the pressure differential is gone and the plunger closes. Also in a perfect world teh injectors will return no fuel when they are closed, but in reality they all will bypass some. This bypassed fuel also must be accounted for in the total flow figures. This is why there are variable built into the table as to how far the current can stray from desired. So to put it simply, no there is no easy way to figure total fuel flow of the CP3 system. As for how I set B1010, if the rail pressure at idle is to high and it cannot lower itself enough to hold desired, you raise the value of teh first 2 cells and smooth the 3rd to match. If it is to low you lower the value. And I zero out the last 2 cells to try and help it hold rail pressur better when I stab the throttle WOT.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

I have wondered about the origin of that scale also. Thanks for the clarification in what you have seen with it.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"