Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transmission Problems?

If I have a PPE boost controller do I even need to play with boost? What is the Turbo Vane Target Position table and what does it do? I am at like 30psi on the boost now!

JESSE

If you like the boost controller then don't touch the boost tables. More than 29psi boost give little gains. I'm not sure how much you can get out of the turbo vane position tables. I've logged them and still am having a hard time figuring out if there is a way to change them to help with boost. You can play with the Desired Boost level tables but I don't recommend doing that with the PPE controller.

EFILive Reseller

Boost is the tricky one. What you might think work doesn't necessarily work.

As for transmission, it's up to you what you rn, but if you bring the TQ up too high it will slip. I have done a 100HP tune that I believe will work with the stock trans, but it's getting pretty close to the line.
    www.kennedydiesel.com
    Specializing in Duramax Performance
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis.
    Superflow Lie Detector in house

when i run with my edge on 5 and the programmer on the highest setting it will slip...but thats what a warranty is for right?

What should the desired table look like? What should i set it to?

JESSE

I would rather take the boost controler off. When I have the boost controler turned all the way up it feels slower off the line...but if i gradually turn it up as i race it seems to work good. But in reality i could tune that all into my tune and get rid of the contoller, right?

JESSE

Log some of your trips and study what the boost does and then change the tables a little bit at a time. The boost is very dependent on the fuel input. We could give you boost tables but they may not work for your tune and you'd be where you are now. This product takes a lot of patience and studying. I've had and have been playing with it for almost 2 months and have the first tune I actually like but it still needs work.

Yes you can get rid of the controller but it may take you a while to get what you like out of the program. I'm finally getting comfortable enough with mine to remove the boost stick.

I have set vane position to 99 from 800 to 1600 and 20mm to 60mm have had excellent low end spool-up, throttle response. Closing the vanes like that turns it into somewhat of a "normal" turbo at low end. However after that, it is better to just adjust desired boost tables. Also you can set vane position to 0 at idle to help spool-down of turbo before shut-off. If the desired boost tables set codes, then bump up the desired vane tables by about 5% overall. Also will have to adjust min and max tables accordingly.
    04.5 2500HD LLY EC/LB
    14 Sonic RS Sedan
    GM Certified Technician
    President of the 'I killed an ECM' club

what do you guys have your min and max set to? does the unit inHG mean the same as boost psi? also would the barametric pressure of 11.6 up here do anything differant to which tables I use?

JESSE

You would most likely use Table {B2202} Boost Control (Baro Map B). That is about right for your altitude. Also
    - {B2205} Desired Boost Levels With EGR Off (B)
    - {B2208} Desired Boost Levels With EGR On (B)
    - {B2212} Turbo Vane Target Position, EGR Off (B)
    - {B2213} Turbo Vane Target Position, EGR On (B)
    - {B2223} Turbo Vane Target Position Maximum (B)
    - {B2225} Turbo Vane Target Position Minimum

Would suggest that you have a mechanical gauge before setting these too high, as some, including me, have seen pressures as high as 50psi boost.
    04.5 2500HD LLY EC/LB
    14 Sonic RS Sedan
    GM Certified Technician
    President of the 'I killed an ECM' club

thanks guys i appreciate it!! Anyone wanna look at my tune before I try it to see if i screwed anything up?

JESSE
    04.5 Duramax LLY w/naaawwwwssss!!!

Going to school @ WyoTech for Diesel!!
    (This town sucks a$$)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast