Thread: LBZ Help

Default LBZ Help

Have an 06 Chevy here that had a Quadzilla D/L and wanted EFI live DSP5. I got a dsp5 tune and a switch from a experienced tuner since im new to EFI live and Im told and lbz is a little tougher to tune than the older trucks. I licensed the ecm and full flashed it. took it a spin and It blows tons of smoke, no boost. reflashed the stock programming in and it does the same, ive logged it, looked at it, sent it to the orig writer of the tune, nothing. I bought a new ecm, swapped it in did a vats relearn, and started it and revved it a little and it seemed fine. so I copied the tables from the orig dsp5 into the new o/s and full flashed. took the truck a drive and it ran great for about 3 mi. same problem. no boost, pouring black smoke. came back and flashed in the stock program. again, no boost, black smoke. Im at witts end, If been through 250 bucks of dsp programming, 2 ecms, and 2 licences and this thing is still not right. anyone have any suggestions? if i could get it back to stock id throw the quadzilla in it and send it on its way but I cant even get it to run with a stock program. Ive gotta get this running asap. thanks in advance.

If the truck ran fine before you got the tunes then I would ask your tuner to make it right.

There are a lot of "Professional" tuners these days, and low balling the prices to get the business and when you have problems they are of little help.

If you get no help and you are 100% sure that you have no problems on your end with the truck I would suspect it is a corrupt tune file.

If you post your VIN or PM me your VIN# I can see if I have a OS that I can email you to try.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Where are you located? Maybe you can get some regional help. Did you check for codes?
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"