Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help BBL no longer works

Lifetime Member

Default Help BBL no longer works

I've been using BBL for a while now with no problems, I just updated to V7.5.7.190_RC7 and V8.2.1.180_RC7. So now none of my pids are supported meaning I get the unsupported pid on every one I choose, this is on a LMM right now and I have not tried it on anything else. I have installed everything every witch way I can on the V8 software and also using efi explorer, I tried to go back to the latest public release version also with no luck. My V2 has the latest bootblock/firmware from the above release, I tried to go back to the public one but it won't let me.

Anyone else having problems or is it just me? I also posted in the latest release canidate section with no replies so I figured I would try here. Pass through is working though
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Lifetime Member

Hello rcr1978,

I don't tune diesels ... so there may be other issues at play. If you have installed (not updated) the most recent versions of V7 and V8, and have programmed the V2 with the new Bootblock and Firmware, you then need to program the Controllers and PIDs in the V2.

See the link below ...

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....l=1#post141499

Hopefully this helps ...

Regards,
    Taz

Lifetime Member

Thanks for the reply Taz yah I did do what you explained in the above thread. It's the config files and options text files, tried it both ways through V8 and efi explorer with no luck. I'm wondering if my V2 is taking a crap, a month ago I tried tuning a LBZ that I've done numerous times before it would not recognise it for a couple of times but that was through the V7 tuning software, also I think it did the same thing as above with the unsupported pid screen with ones that I've used numerous times but a quick unplug and plug back in fixed it.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

After installing the new V8 software, did you flash the new bootblock and firmware into your V2...?

Did you format the Config space...? And then did you re-program the BBL pidlists....?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    After installing the new V8 software, did you flash the new bootblock and firmware into your V2...?

Did you format the Config space...? And then did you re-program the BBL pidlists....?
    Yep, not just one time but numerous times, after it not working with the V8 software numerous times I also tried with the efi explorer numerous times with no luck. Also when you say reprogram pid lists I used my saved options text file so I would not have to manualy reselect each one all over again for every controler. And to cut down on space I only have the contolers selected that I need under BBR/BBF enabled controlers screen.
    Last edited by rcr1978; December 31st, 2011 at 08:45 PM.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcr1978 View Post
    ... And to cut down on space I only have the contolers selected that I need under BBR/BBF enabled controlers screen ...
    I've tried that before ... usually found I had to use the "Program All" selection to get things working again.

Regards,
    Taz

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    I've tried that before ... usually found I had to use the "Program All" selection to get things working again.

Regards,
    Taz
    I tried it both ways all of them and then just the ones I need in both the V8 software and the efi explorer.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Lifetime Member

Well I was able to at least get the unit to make it to the pid screen and show parameters by enabling the skip pid validation setting in the device settings menu. Why would all my pids be unsupported now though I tried un selecting almost each and every one? I know you guys are trying to help but I have been at this since 06 and updated my device more times that I can think of and never had any problems like this until this latest update so I'm thinking it's either my device has a problem or this new pre release update has problems thats why I posted in the other thread but it has not got any notice what so ever there. So I'm thinking it's just being pushed aside because someone thinks "Ah some noobie retard doesn't know how to program his V2 and jumped on the pre release update"
    Last edited by rcr1978; January 1st, 2012 at 05:50 AM.

Lifetime Member

I wouldn't take the lack of response in a negative manner ... you posted on New Year's (eve or day depending on world area). Most people are probably celebrating with family and friends ... all businesses and stores are closed in my area.

Give it a day or two ... once people are back to their normal routines, more help will no doubt follow.

Regards,
    Taz

Lifetime Member

Oh I know Taz, I should have put a smilie face after my comment above so it wasn't taken wrong, I'm not negative just frustrated and there was no jabs ment by it.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast