Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ADAPTS procedure

Default ADAPTS procedure

Hey guys whats the procedure when using Ädaptïve reset" Ädaptive Preset""Fast Ädaptive Reset" and "Fast Adaptive Learn"?
    I used one of them the other day then had no drive at all in Drive and reverse!!..... had to reflash the trans tune back in to get the car mobile again (whew)
    Cheers Scotty

48 views and no answers from the guru's.......geez i didnt think it was that secret squirrel!!!....lol

I have mainly done T42 autos. In them, I just do a reset and then cycle through P-R-N-D back and forth a few times before driving I've heard of the lack of gears issue but never experienced it.

Simon.

Scotty, I haven't heard of loss of drive after doing an adapts reset, sorry.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Scotty, I experienced the same thing. I think it is normal for this to happen from what i've read. I think letting it set a while will allow the tcm to function properly again. I don't know why, but thats what I have read. I have not verified it as I simply reflashed as you did. I bet pulling the tcm fuses would also work rather than a reflash.

You could also do the 'Self Clean' procedure in the scan tool, that takes about a minute, but it also resets and relearns lots of things.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino79 View Post
    Scotty, I experienced the same thing. I think it is normal for this to happen from what i've read. I think letting it set a while will allow the tcm to function properly again. I don't know why, but thats what I have read. I have not verified it as I simply reflashed as you did. I bet pulling the tcm fuses would also work rather than a reflash.
    I also did the fast adapts reset and last all gears. Did a reflash and all good again. Been too scared to touch it since

I did do the Self Clean procedure and it all worked ok - seems to shift better anyway

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by scottcmb View Post
    Hey guys whats the procedure when using Ädaptïve reset" Ädaptive Preset""Fast Ädaptive Reset" and "Fast Adaptive Learn"?
    I used one of them the other day then had no drive at all in Drive and reverse!!..... had to reflash the trans tune back in to get the car mobile again (whew)
    Cheers Scotty
    LOL! I had the same scare when starting to play with the tuning in the 6l80E. the reason you didn't have any gears is because you must have activated Fast Learn and did not let it complete. You hit "fast learn" in DVT then hold the brake and put to drive. The Idle will raise up and start going through the gears to learn the adapts faster than doing a driving session. The vehicle will not move but you will feel it shifting gears in the transmission. It will take about a minute if all is working correctly then the idle will drop back down. After that happens, you go back to park and shut the vehicle down and wait 30 seconds to a minute then when you restart, it will act normal again. Hopefully that helps...

Thanks for the info Longslyde

I will try it again one day and see what happens

No problem. I've been modding my trans for some time now. Learned alot! I wish EFI Live would get the T43 fully opened up. I gotta believe there are charts we are missing for temperature adapts and base timings. I've got a 2400 stall converter on a fully modded transmission with a supercharged 6.2L and that opens up a whole new set of programming problems so I've had my fair share of experience on this tranny. Glad I could help!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast