Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ADAPTS procedure

Quote Originally Posted by Longslyde View Post
    I wish EFI Live would get the T43 fully opened up.
    You aren't alone here.....LINK
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks for that guys its been really appreciated!!.......Now here is the next question. When i had that "no drive" on my modded tune that i mentioned before ( i had been running around on this modded tune for a couple of weeks and just completed the self clean and hit adapts reset) so i reflashed the standard tune back in and all was well with it going again, i reflashed the modified trans tune back in ( this tune made the car shift changes hard and quick at wide open throttle and was really fantastic!!)...... now the changes are really slow with slipping on this modded tune.......what have i done wrong or what do i need to do to get it back to the way the modded trans tune drove?

Thanks for your knowledge guys....regards Scotty

if you just installed mod tune, it may have not adjusted to the changes. Flashing the tune will not reset any learning that has taken place. This will lead you to "chasing your tail" sort of speak. Try this in DVT in EXACTLY this order with engine running:
    Fast reset
    Adapts reset
    Adapts preset
    then finally hit the fast learn. Right after you hit that button, apply the brake and shift to drive and stay on brake for the duration of this procedure. Idle will raise to approx 1000 RPMs but will not move. The transmission is going to go through all gear shifts and fast learn the adapts needed for correct shift times. When the vehicle goes back to idle, place it back to park ansd shut the ignition totally off. Wait at least 30 seconds to 1 minute before restart otherwise is will still be in learn mode. This procedure should get you back to what the mod tune will be. It may take some to get really fine tuned.
    FYI, if for some reason the fast learn procedure cannot coplete and does not go back to idle after you feel the shifting stop in the transmission, say after 3 minutes, don't panic. Just turn tbe vehicle off and wait a minute or 2 and it will reset. Hope it works well for you!

Thanks Longslyde...... I did the fast learn and whilst it was doing this it was changing gears like you said........but every time it went back to idle the engine just stopped and didnt know whether it was finished........i turn the key off and left it for three minutes but when i started the car again there was still no drive......i did the fast learn again and it was doing its thing but would get to a stage where it would go back to idle and engine would stop again........both with standard tune and modded tune.......and same result go to restart it and still no drive..........any clues?
    cheers Scotty

When the engine drops back to idle, the procedure is finished and you can put it to park and shut down vehicle. When you say the engine "stopped", do you mean it died? or just went back to idle? If it went back to idle, that would be normal. What really needs to happen when you shut the vehicle down (ignition totally off), is that the ECM has to shutdown. The ecm stays live on most vehicles for a set period of time, which on my E38 can be set although I cannot remember what parameter that is off hand. It sounds like your ECM has not shut down for some reason, which would normally release it from learn mode.
    Were you still connected to the laptop with DVT activated? If so, this may keep the Ecm and tcm alive. Try disabling DVT in the laptop and "Disconnect" so there is no connection to the vehicle as soon it drops back to idle. Then shut vehicle down and wait a few minutes. I never had an issue when doing it this way but maybe it varies from vehicle to vehicle. Good Luck!

The program had it sitting at 1000rpm at the end of cycling through all the gears etc etc, and it seemed to be going back to idle like you said it would, but instead of sitting back at idle the engine would just stop.

Hmmm, that's a new one to me. But it does sound like the fast learn did complete. If you have a custom tune there might need to be an adjustment to the base idle but if this is the only time that it does this, I wouldn't mess with it. I know when mine goes back to idle, it lays at about 500 rpm which is lower than it does in normal mode.

But the problem now is that after leaving it sit with ignition off it does not self-reset? Do you know if the ecm shut down or not after a minute or 2? I guess one way to check is to see if you can connect back into the ecm WITHOUT TURNING THE KEY BACK ON after leaving it sit. If you can, the ecm and tcm are still live, in which case it did not cancel fast learn and you would not have gearing back. If you cannot connect, then it should have reset and all should be normal again. Hope that helps you get through the process, otherwise I do not know why it is not resetting after shutdown.

Remember, worst case scenario, Fast Adapt Learn is not a "necessary" procedure, so you do not NEED to do it. But it helps shorten the learn time needed to feel what the tune intended. the vehicle will learn, it will just take longer to do so. When changing the tune, always do an adapts reset, fast reset, and adapts preset. Don't hit fast learn if you don't want it to go through that process. all should work out fine in the end if the tune is right. Take care!

Thanks Longslyde, i will check to see if its resetting. Just for informations sake, this problem of the engine stopping happens with the stock tune aswell, which was a test i did to see if it was a problem with the modded tune only!!.....but no it does it with both tunes.
    I know i dont have to do "Fast Learn" and can do it the slow way.......but im just the curious type that thinks that if the option is there and is not working properly like normal, i like to work out why and pass on the conclusions for everybody else to know. Maybe as a thought that we dont have enough options to select or adjust in V7.5 DVT when using "Fast Learn"?....just a thought
    Cheers Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by scottcmb View Post
    Maybe as a thought that we dont have enough options to select or adjust in V7.5 DVT when using "Fast Learn"?....just a thought
    Cheers Scotty
    We do need to have a pid for "Fast Learn Status" available in the scan tool to monitor when to shift the vehicle from D to R to complete the procedure completely. Hopefully we see that in future updates as well.

I don't see in the DVT tab anything that has to do with a trans relearn...

On another note.....when using a TECH2 its not uncommon that the engine just stalls after a FAST ADAPT Relearn process...

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast