Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ADAPTS procedure

Lifetime Member

Howard, might be a stupid question, but are you selecting the T42/T43 in the DVT window? They're there on my DVT tab...
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Make sure after you are connected, that you "activate" DVT with the correct controller. If it wasn't showing up before, it should then.

Went to do a fast learn yesterday and when it started all it did was increase the idle rpm as normal and that was it........didnt go through its gear changing sequence for pressure learning.....all it did was sit at high idle and nothing else....then after about 3 minutes it would drop the idle back and engine would stall..........and before you ask...yes it was in drive and DVT is connected and activated..........tried it three times and same result.....would just increase the idle and nothing else..................last time i did a fast learn that was working properly was before all the new updates......i wonder if that has anything to do with it?.....is anyone else getting this same problem since the new updates?.....or is yours working correctly?

Cheers Scotty
    2008 HSV GTS LS3

DVT's haven't been touched for a long time.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Howard, might be a stupid question, but are you selecting the T42/T43 in the DVT window? They're there on my DVT tab...
    Ah crap.......I think it was on E67!

Was flipping cals from ECM and TCM...

Never a stupid questions.....I'm just thinking to deep into these torque models trying to get this ZL to shift properly...

Thanks!

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports View Post
    Ah crap.......I think it was on E67!

Was flipping cals from ECM and TCM...

Never a stupid questions.....I'm just thinking to deep into these torque models trying to get this ZL to shift properly...

Thanks!
    Keep posting your results, Im working on my TBSS trans now but am staying away from the Torque Model stuff for a little bit. Ive made that mistake trying to do something on the ECM, but I was using DVTs on the TCM!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I did the T43 in the V6 Omega Sportwagon on the week end. I just did the Adapts reset, then let it idles and moved through the gears, I didn't select the "preset" options at all. Then I just drove it as per normal and the shifts were spot on ( chirps 2nd gear at WOT with full torque management enabled ). I've tried the "preset" option before and found that it seems to use settings that suit the default transmission calibration. So now I just clear the adapts and let it relearn from scratch. I've not had the box full of neutrals" issue doing this.

I also have to say, that "torque model" is by far the best table/s to improve shifts. I'd probably not alter the normal shift pressures in the TCM and just tweak the torque model and shift times. If I couldn't get what I wanted without having to change the torque model too much ( maybe 15% ), then I'd work on the shift pressures.

Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    I did the T43 in the V6 Omega Sportwagon on the week end. I just did the Adapts reset, then let it idles and moved through the gears, I didn't select the "preset" options at all. Then I just drove it as per normal and the shifts were spot on ( chirps 2nd gear at WOT with full torque management enabled ).
    I think you've been smoking something Simon
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Whats the trick with doing a Fast Adapt relearn with this 2012 T43....

Shows temps not in range but it can't be after a few hard blasts in the heat....

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Unhappy

I'm having some trouble with a T43 in a new truck that I flashed back to the factory cal and it still continues to "shift bad" & shudder - like it did on the less than optimal modified TCM tune.

I am trying to get a hold of another stock cal. for the TCM just in case this one somehow got corrupted of modified. The other possibility could be that the trans. got physically damaged during the couple days it was was driven with the shift speeds too fast (0.2 seconds) and some or the Torque Reduction removed / pressures slightly raised.

I just personally hoped that was unlikely since the truck is brand new with a couple hundred miles and bone stock. My plan is to try to re-flash it with a known good stock cal and then try to perform all of the reset procedures described here.

edit: found another stock file on T.F.D., will try and report. Thanks, wish me luck
    Last edited by Boost; October 20th, 2012 at 07:16 AM.
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast